Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got Sky+ working?

• 27-06-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

I don't seem to be able to get Sky+ working on my iPhone.

I've activated it on the Sky+ box itself, added in my mobile number (not really sure why that was necessary), but when I log into the app on my phone it tells me my account is not set up for remote recording.

Can't do it on the web either.

What am I missing?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

check your sky account again and see if it is active there i.e. try it with your pc to see if its working there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Nope. Not working on the PC either. I tried enabling it again on the Sky+ box.

I can't see how to make the link between my mobile number and my Sky web ID.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Nope. Not working on the PC either. I tried enabling it again on the Sky+ box.

I can't see how to make the link between my mobile number and my Sky web ID.

I had the same prob when I signed up for this first trying to remember what I did to sort it. A post in the satellite form might get a quicker response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I don't seem to be able to get Sky+ working on my iPhone.

I've activated it on the Sky+ box itself, added in my mobile number (not really sure why that was necessary), but when I log into the app on my phone it tells me my account is not set up for remote recording.

Can't do it on the web either.

What am I missing?[/quote]

Connection to O2 perhaps;)

Looking forward to using this app. Saves spending 20 mins expaining to my mother in law how to set something on National Geo:P

I did this online but never used it on my old E51, maybe you have to do something on mysky.

Connection to O2 perhaps

I'm on Meteor. :p

• Advertisement

I'm on Meteor. :p

Wow.....so am i......still:D

But i did set that up on my phone and had probs with it. Just gave up in the end.

So now when I go into the "My Services" section of the Sky website, there is an option to Remove Remote Record, so I take it from that that it is enabled.

Yet when I go to record something (via the website) it still won't let me.

Very frustrating.

And I can see my mobile number in my profile on the web, which is the same mobile number I entered on the Sky+ box.

This will not defeat me...

Best cut the grass first, though, or I will be in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

do you not need to sync it to your landline number that is attached to your sky box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭CivilEx

It works fine for me on 3.0, but from what I remember when setting it up originally, it took about 24 hours from once I registered on the web until I could use it on my iPhone.

Fantastic App by the way :D

So now when I go into the "My Services" section of the Sky website, there is an option to Remove Remote Record, so I take it from that that it is enabled.

Yet when I go to record something (via the website) it still won't let me.

Very frustrating.

And I can see my mobile number in my profile on the web, which is the same mobile number I entered on the Sky+ box.

This will not defeat me...

Best cut the grass first, though, or I will be in trouble.

Login done......

tested.....

Simpsons recorded:D

Oh and i'm using wifi so some life in my iphone, even if the only thing i can't do is use it as a phone:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Downloaded and have used it thanks for the tip tom. Hope you got something sorted

Advertisement