Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting with dog?

Options
  • 27-06-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

hi

anyone gone looking to rent with a dog? am selling and renting and will be looking at post xmas closing. love him 2 bits but he's not the best behaved and is very hard on furniture. what's the position with landlords?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭MelonieHead

Well, I've a dog and had no problems finding a place to rent. Just selected the filter "Pets Allowed" on Daft and found a nice, reasonable flat owned by a landlord who loves dogs.

So it shouldn't be too huge a problem. Best of luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

I found it a huge problem last year when I moved to Dublin. Of all the listings on daft there were only about 70 that came up when I selected the 'pets allowed' search on daft.

I looked again a few months ago and over 400 came up.

I ended up in a great place....but I think it was lucky. Very hard to find your ideal place but you will find something. Good luck.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

If you are selling and renting why don't you try to find an unfurnished renatal and keep your own furniture? You may find it easier to find a landlord who allows pets when they don't have to worry about furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

thanks guys, I didn't know there was a pets allowed filter ( doh!)

Advertisement