Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommed a Multimedia player.

• 27-06-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I want to buy a new multimedia hard drive. I have a Iomega 500GB at the moment. I was looking at the Popcorn hour thread here, but I'm not very tech savvy and don't really get what it does.:confused: I just use the Iomega for copying movies etc and watching them on the TV- Does the pch does this? I would also like a nicer UI Eg: pictures of the movie- kinda like the ipod does with albums.

I was looking at the Sumvison cyclone, but again I'm not sure if that's got all the bits that I want.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭StillBallygowan

Pixmania have a great selection multimedia hard drives.

Also check out this site (O2media.es)

I am considering purchasing a multimedia hard drive and I like their hardware list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Get0fix

I just use the Iomega for copying movies etc and watching them on the TV- Does the pch does this? I would also like a nicer UI Eg: pictures of the movie- kinda like the ipod does with albums.

Yes the Pch does exactly that. You need to install your own harddrive into the unit (as it doesnt come with one) and hook it up to your Tv. It plays pretty much every bit of multimedia you can throw at it (music, movies, tv shows etc) and has a really nice UI which I'm sure you will like.
    You can transfer media to the pch in various ways (network, USB Harddrive, Internet Download) so viewing new media on your telly is pretty simple stuff :)

Hope this helps ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Paulie907

Hi

I'm looking to buy my first media player hard drive and I'm finding it hard to see which is the best one. The reviews on-line seem to be fairly mixed. I want to use it to transfer my movies from my pc to the HD and watch them on the telly. If anyone could recommended one that is easy to use and does the job that would be great thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

The one stop shop for reviews is www.mpcclub.com

There are many, many systems to choose from, the market leaders come from TViX and Popcorn, but there are cheaper alternatives coming out now.

Advertisement