Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumension - US Start-up in Galway

Options
  • 27-06-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where these guys are locating?

They're now recruiting for their Galway office.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A bit more info for whoever is interested

www.lumension.com
    www.irishjobs.ie/Recruiters/Lumension-4899.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Nath

Apparently they are setting up on the Dangan side of the NUIG campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Nath wrote: »
    Apparently they are setting up on the Dangan side of the NUIG campus.
    Could be what is being built out the back of the IDA Business Park here in Dangan alright (near the Oracle building).

ciotog wrote: »
    Could be what is being built out the back of the IDA Business Park here in Dangan alright (near the Oracle building).

It was a recruitment agency that told me they are locating into an existing building in the Dangan side of the NUIG campus.
    Oracle is in Dangan Business Park I think, so not the same one I would say.
    Then again, I suppose I should take anything I hear from agencies with a pinch of salt, so you could very well be right.
    They are advertising a load of jobs on Irishjobs.ie at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Nath wrote: »
    It was a recruitment agency that told me they are locating into an existing building in the Dangan side of the NUIG campus.
    Oracle is in Dangan Business Park I think, so not the same one I would say.
    Then again, I suppose I should take anything I hear from agencies with a pinch of salt, so you could very well be right.
    They are advertising a load of jobs on Irishjobs.ie at the moment.
    You're right - it's Aerogen who are building in the business park - had a nose when I was leaving work today :)

• Advertisement

Article in this weeks Galway Advertiser, more than likely the Lumension announcement will happen next week.

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/15474

New jobs to be announced in Galway next week
    GALWAY ADVERTISER, AUGUST 06, 2009.
    By Declan Varley

An unspecified number of new jobs are to be announced by a new start-up company in the city next week.

The announcement by jointly the company and the IDA will be made on Wednesday next when officials will visit the city.

The company, which can not yet be named, is expected to commence recruitment for the jobs straightaway.

News of the jobs announcement comes hot on the heels of yesterday’s depressing redundancy figures which show that 200 people a day lost their jobs in July.

Some 6,350 people were made redundant last month, an increase of nearly 65 per cent on July 2008.

Figures, published by the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment, showed more than 200 people lost their jobs each day during the month.

However, the percentage monthly rise has moderated when compared with increases of more than 200 per cent recorded in the early part of the year.

There were 49,009 redundancies notified to the Department under the statutory redundancy scheme in the first seven months of the year, a 142 per cent increase on the 20,225 recorded for same period in 2008.

Article in todays Irish Independent, its says they are setting up in Mervue Business Park.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/us-multinational--it-firm-to-set-up-new-base-here-1855528.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 durlinda

Lumension is now in Galway. We are currently working out of the Galway Technology Center. We are currently looking for 30+ Software Engineers, Technical Support Engineers, Product Manager, Design Analyst, and Technical Writers. Our positions are posted on our Careers page www.lumension.com/careers

Durlinda

Lumension is currently in the Galway Technology Center. We are currently recruiting for Software Engineers, QA Test Engineers, Product Manager, Design Analyst, Technical Writers, Technical Support Engineers and Scrum Masters. You can find more information regarding these positions at www.lumension.com/careers.

Durlinda

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bigreddog

durlinda wrote: »
    Lumension is currently in the Galway Technology Center......
    Durlinda

Hi durlinda,

Are you planning to re-locate to somewhere else in Galway? - IMO, Dangan (previously mentioned) would be much nicer than Mervue Business Park!

p

• Advertisement

We are currently looking for our permanent location.

Durlinda

Lumension is currently in the Galway Technology Center. We are currently recruiting for Software Engineers, QA Test Engineers, Product Manager, Design Analyst, Technical Writers, Technical Support Engineers and Scrum Masters. You can find more information regarding these positions at www.lumension.com/careers.

Durlinda

Hi Durlinda,

I have my application submitted via a recruitment agency (who tell me they are the sole external recruiter), is there any advantage reapplying directly via the link you posted above?
    Also, is it mainly Windows developers you are looking for or are you also looking for some Unix/Linux developers?

Thanks.

We have only assigned the Director R&D position to an agency. Other then that position we are not using agencies. Can you tell me who the agency is?

Durlinda

We have only assigned the Director R&D position to an agency. Other then that position we are not using agencies. Can you tell me who the agency is?

Durlinda

Mmm, thats interesting, they told me they were the sole recruiter for positions and any application for the software development jobs would end up back at their desk anyways.

Maybe I misunderstood what they were saying, I'd prefer not to give the agency name, I don't want to get anyone into trouble, especially if it was me who misinterpreted the recruitment procedures.

I'll apply via the Lumension website now, I'm certainly glad I asked the question.

Nath, maybe you can just PM Durlinda the agency contact so she can clear up misunderstandings directly with them?

So for the record, apply directly through website.

Nath

You can email me at <snip>. Our conversation will be confidential.

Durlinda

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭thebackbar

Nath

You can email me at <snip>. Our conversation will be confidential.

Durlinda

i would imagine using the contact form on their website would be the best approach rather than pm'ing someone on this website. Its very easy to set up a false identity on a site like this.

Just in case anyone wonders, durlinda is verified as Lumension.
    The admins can check these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭forumfiend

Magnus wrote: »
    Just in case anyone wonders, durlinda is verified as Lumension.
    The admins can check these things.

Not just admins. Because Durlinda is such an unusual name, Googling durlinda lumension does the trick :)

Just to clear things up, I was in contact with the recruitment agency late this week, I misunderstood what they were saying regarding recruitment. Apologies for not listening more carefully!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

forumfiend wrote: »
    Not just admins. Because Durlinda is such an unusual name, Googling durlinda lumension does the trick :)

Er,yes, Durlinda's name is all over the interweb. No mystical powers required ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭gallantman

Hi,

Just wondering has anyone been called for interviews yet ?

-gm

Advertisement