Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom mail down?

Options
  • 27-06-2009 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭

Anyone having problems with eircom "classic" email on mail1.eircom.net?
    Can't access through POP3 at all. If I go through webmail it is sooo slow - takes several minutes to respond to any request to display inbox etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Have gmail putting email from two eircom account with POP. Working fine.

Was able to log in to class webmail (*shudder*) as well just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

fat-tony wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with eircom "classic" email on mail1.eircom.net?
    Can't access through POP3 at all. If I go through webmail it is sooo slow - takes several minutes to respond to any request to display inbox etc.

I had a huge amount of spam hit my old account yesterday evening ....... I was deleting about 20 mails every few minutes for a little more than an hour. After that it tailed off.

Seems fine today for my account/s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Up to late last night (Sat) I was getting no response from POP mail from mail1.eircom.net, despite reboot of my DSL router and PC. Was working fine for another account on webmail.eircom.net.
    This morning was ok again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sarah44

Hi guys
    Is anyone having problems with eircom outgoing mail server i can not send mail since last night.
    I have clearwire incomeing mail and eircom for outgoing mail .
    Anyone know a number for contacting for support for this i am going mad....
    Thanks in advance
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

if your using a clearwire connection & an emircom mail address you need to use clearwire's outgoing mail server & eircom's incoming mail server not the other way around

• Advertisement

Thank you for taking the time to reply so fast.
    My stupidness i ment to say that (the way you say)
    I called clearwire and the problem is not theirs but i cant fond any support for eircom anywhere.
    It is driving me mad as i can not send any mail
    thanks again
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Pretty much down for me all day. I can get into the inbox eventually via the old mail system (which is a checkbox on the login screen) buts its so slow that I would not dare send a mail with it.

yes i tried on line in the eircom site and it was so slow i gave up where do you find a number to call them for support anyone know?

Sarah

Me again still having problems anyone help?
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

seems to be related to eircom server issues. I don't think theres anything you can do Sarah except wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Does anyone know of a phone number for eircom broadbnad/email support, I haven't been able to find one in the past twenty minutes.. but google did find this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

edanto wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a phone number for eircom broadbnad/email support, I haven't been able to find one in the past twenty minutes.. but google did find this thread!
    1530 277 100

Advertisement