Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about what do with my O2 contract etc

• 27-06-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

I'm with O2 bill pay about 16 months now on an old package: €20 a month, 180 minutes off-peak all calls (which I never get near using), 60 texts (which I always use). My bill averages around €40 a month.

None of the new O2 Clear packages seem as good though. For €20 a month all I can get is 50 minutes and 50 texts.

I'm eligible for a silver upgrade.

I'm thinking of dropping the bill and going back PAYG. Is this easy to do, will I incur any extra costs?

I'd like an iPhone I think.

What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

there's no cost involved in going back to pay as you go....

price plan wise if you unlocked an iphone and moved to 3's best of both you'd have a 1GB of Data, Free texts to all networks and 100 anytime minutes and 100 free 3 to 3 minutes, all for €34.99pm fixed, no chance of a big bill...best plan for you I reckon.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

podge018 wrote: »
    I'm with O2 bill pay about 16 months now on an old package: €20 a month, 180 minutes off-peak all calls (which I never get near using), 60 texts (which I always use). My bill averages around €40 a month.

None of the new O2 Clear packages seem as good though. For €20 a month all I can get is 50 minutes and 50 texts.

The new plan includes anytime minutes, where your plan doesn't.

I'm eligible for a silver upgrade.

I'm thinking of dropping the bill and going back PAYG. Is this easy to do, will I incur any extra costs?

If you take the silver upgrade you will have to sign another contract. If you want to go from bill to pay as you go, their wont be a penalty when out of the contract time frame.

I'd like an iPhone I think.

If your not sure, ask on the Apple Media Devices forum for more info about the iphone so you can decide if you want one. You will pick them up cheap enough now since the new model launch.

What should I do?

Post more of your call and text usage amount, and what networks to get the best answer for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

I work office hours so make 99% of my peak calls from the office phone.

The gf is meteor.

I would use the internet a lot more if it wasn't so dear - 1c a kb. Data bundles are €7.50a month on bill or 99c a day with PAYG, which could end up costing €30 a month. Are the other companies similar?

Looking at a sample bill breakdown the dearest part is ringing herself peak hours and data. Then there's the texts over my allotted 60.

Not wanting to get into an iphone discussion on here, if I was to get one, it would be the new one, but the plans look a bit rubbish.

I like the look of the N97 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I work office hours so make 99% of my peak calls from the office phone.

The gf is meteor.

I would use the internet a lot more if it wasn't so dear - 1c a kb. Data bundles are €7.50a month on bill or 99c a day with PAYG, which could end up costing €30 a month. Are the other companies similar?

Looking at a sample bill breakdown the dearest part is ringing herself peak hours and data. Then there's the texts over my allotted 60.

Not wanting to get into an iphone discussion on here, if I was to get one, it would be the new one, but the plans look a bit rubbish.

I like the look of the N97 too.

Meteor have a €25 unlimited talk and text to meteor, 200 anytime minutes and no contract, might be worth looking at.

If you thinking about getting an n97 maybe you should wait till its launched on o2 or the other networks and see what they offer you then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Davy wrote: »
    Meteor have a €25 unlimited talk and text to meteor, 200 anytime minutes and no contract, might be worth looking at.

I forgot about that, that's probably the best offer to go with if the girls on meteor...

Don't get sucked in by the hype of the iphone, at the end of the day it's a 2mp touchscreen phone that lacks some standard functions you'd expect on any phone.
    Stick with a good high end nokia and you can't go to far wrong.;)

e71 is worth a look, you can wow you iphone friends with it's battery life, something they can only dream about...

• Advertisement
Advertisement