Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Railings

Options
  • 27-06-2009 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi People,

I'm looking to increase the height of my garden wall (primarily to stop my dogs freaking out the local power walkers) and want to add some metal railings to the top of it.

So far, I've only been able to find fixed length panels in Wickes - unfortunately, their fixed lengths don't fit.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/154353

Does anyone have any idea where else I can get some?
    Or is it possible to somehow join two Wickes panels together before fitting to the wall?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

You might want to try and get a local metal fabricator to make them to the correct measurements and to your design. Im sure at this time he might be glad of the work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Akashla

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check the local directories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

As far as I am aware B&Q in liffyvalley have railings & gates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hell Toupee

Might be would a second thought on railings, just think of the hours wasted scraping and painting every year or so as rust builds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Hot dip Galvanised would be the best finish, no scraping, painting or anything else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement