Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best division in football?

• 27-06-2009 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭

As an aside from the Farve thread, what division is the top one in you guys opinions?

The NFC North is compelling and will be prime time this year imo. As Chucky said with a probable QB make up of Cutler(a lot to prove to Denver, himself and the doubters over his mindset), Stafford(Much like Matt Ryan has the whole franchise on him, also this is Detroit and needs something big), Rodgers(with Farve back and Cutler in the division, it goes without saying really...) and finally most likely Farve(again no need for words).

Think of the match ups-Chicago-Packers; always huge but now at a new level. Packers-Vikings; Ted Thomson v Farve, oh yes please. Bears-Vikings; also massive for guys like Cutler and Urlacher. With Adrian Peterson, Urlacher, Hester, Jennings ect in the division we have a huge division.

Barring Detroit all are Superbowl contenders imo.

Then there is the NFC East, massive hype as always. The South and the West too should be competative.

I'm hoping for another competative division in the AFC. Hopefully my Bills will finally break 7-9. Will Miami repeat last year? Is Brady gonna be back as good as before with Joey Gallowey and Moss outside?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Division I (Oops! I was talking NCAA PAC-10, not pros, ha!);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think the four strongest divisions are the two Easts and the two Souths.

The most competitive division for me is the NFC South where any of the four teams are possible winners them being the Bucs, Falcons, Panthers and Saints. Not just possible winners of their division but teams that could go all the way too.

Then you got the NFC East where its just impossible to say who will be in the mix come postseason. While the Giants will be fancied by some, the Eagles improved last year, you just don't know what you will get from the Cowboys and the Redskins are in their second year under Jim Zorn and should be better.

The AFC South wasn't very competitive last year with the Titans being dominant and the Colts had a shocking first half to the season. We don't know what affect the loss of Tony Dungy will have on the Colts, but the Titans have to be seriously considered and the Jags are due a good season while the Texans should improve on a .500 season.

Then we have the most important division :), the division where a team could not make the playoffs with an 11-5 record. The Dolphins came from a one win season to make it to the playoffs and are arguably stronger this year, the Jets almost got there too but the legend that is Brett Favre let them down, if Sanchez is a hit then they are a serious outfit. The Patriots of course lost their leader and the best QB in the game and still went 11-5. The Bills went downhilll after a great start but the addition of TO alone makes them more dangerous on offence this year. I still think that a healthy Patriots will wipe the floor with the rest of them but its a lot tighter than it has been for some time.

I'm not sold on the the NFC North. Offensively the Bears, Lions and possibly the Viks have all got new QB's which could mean improvement or problems. And defensively all four teams have to improve on last year. I couldn't honestly see any of these teams winning a superbowl this season.

The AFC Worst/West might improve for the very reason that two ex Patriots are in that division in management roles now but I really haven't seen enough positive things happening in either camp this offseason that would make them SB contendors. The Broncos look to me to have gone backwards, the Chiefs are changing their defensive system and the Raiders have been the lol team for some time now. The Chargers should romp home this year but the division is as(if not more) pathetic looking than last year.

And finally the NFC West/Worst is at best a two horse race with the 49ers looking like the only team that can challenge the Cards right now although you just don't know what you are gonna get from the Seahawks and Rams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Division I (Oops! I was talking NCAA PAC-10, not pros, ha!);)

Take your USC talk elsewhere :p:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I think the AFC South will be this year. wouldn't be surprised no matter who won the division. The Beast is always competitive and the NFC South teams are all fun to watch and again you never know who'll come out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Best division in the NFL, or at least the first one I click after NFC West on the ESPN blogs, is the NFC East.

Giants are inarguably in the top couple of teams in the NFL. The Eagles are too, arguably. The Cowboys have the talent to be. And the Redskins are kind of the poor man's Cowboys in the sense that they try to buy success but don't really have the general support that Dallas have.

But no team in the NFC East would be less than 500 in another division without a coach being fired and a giant furore. Ever. "Rebuilding" or not.

Also, run game:
    Jacobs
    Portis
    Westbrook
    Barber

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Take your USC talk elsewhere :p:D:D:D
    I did, but few of ye lads showed up, so I thought I would throw a few passes over here. Wait a minute, not sure that sounded right?:o I was talking football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I did, but few of ye lads showed up, so I thought I would throw a few passes over here. Wait a minute, not sure that sounded right?:o I was talking football.

I get my college game face on by the end of July :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,394 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lol!

Advertisement