Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which ? Is220 or 320D ?

• 27-06-2009 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Both are priced pretty much the sale 06-07, can you share your own experience which one you would like? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

i have an E90 320d
    my cousin has an is220d

his car is bigger, bigger inside, has a little more grunt standard from the 2.2 engine, but the 320d can be remapped, where the lexus requires additional tuning boxes etc etc

the lexus sport V 320d m-tech, i would probably go for the lexus if money wasnt an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Me and my brother test drove both. Lexus has one of the worst gearboxes of any car i have ever driven. Absolutely horrible and the engine doesnt seem particularly torquey low down either. Interior is disgusting, looks like an avensis inside.

BMW was almost as disappointing but was saved by the fact that it was slightly better to drive. Interior on the base models is fairly crap as well. Very bland to look at too.

A C220 cdi is a much nicer car as far as im concerned and definitely more comfortable than either of those with a much classier interior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Thanks be to God,I thought I was the only one that found the IS220 to be a dog.
    I found the gearbox peculiar too, 6th gear was only ornamental cos the car laboured if it was used under 100 kmh.The engine didn't feel right and I seem to recall some controls were in odd places.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Have to agree, 6th is useless in this country. My golf will sit happily at 50mph in 6th but you would need to be doing at least 70 to be in 6th in the lexus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Don't know about the BMW, but was given a Lexus IS 220d for a week.

Its a Dog. Handles like something from the 80's, 6 speed is an admission of piss poor torque, rough as f*ck in terms as a diesel - runs a close second to mrs fishtits VW base TDI in terms of roughness.

Wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Got lots of leccy gizmos though :)

Surprising, as I'd expected better from Lexus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement