Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man dies after Howth cliff fall

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

This was at Devils Rock (Pucks Rock) at the start of the Cliff Walk, not the other 2 more regular fishing spots accessed from the road. It is accessed from near the start of the Cliff Walk. The path winds down a bit an then there's a bit of a stretch which is a very very thin path, less than a foot wide in places. Here it is sheer up and sheer down at least 30 feet to large rocks and according to a friend, the path is detiorating. Anybody falling here will likely die or be very seriously injured. I wouldn't recommend anyone goes down here, ever, it is extremely dangerous and really requires both hands free if you're daring (foolish) enough.

The Howth RNLI who performed the recovery have been very busy in the last week (6 shouts), and in the last month I've seen them out doing patterns a handful of times, usually with the CG helicopter. This usually means searching for bodies. Most of the Lifeboat people are volunteers, so put some money in the Lifeboat box and be careful out there.

RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I'm not saying the guy who died had been or anything like that but the amount of drinking that goes on in howth is unbeleivable.
    I was on the pier last week and there were at least ten people fishing and drinking,clambouring over rocks to retrieve feathers and all the rest of it.
    Balsacadden is dangerous enough without trying to do the climb half-cut.

Advertisement