Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miller volume changed?

Options
  • 27-06-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, Hope this is the right place to ask this.

I usually drink miller and the other day picked up a crate of it in centra, As i was bringing it home i noticed it was 4.3%. I thought it was usually 4.7%. Anyway i was in dunnes today and they had crates of it on sale for 19.99. the crates on top were 4.3 but the ones underneath were 4.7%. Is there a reason for this? It does'nt make a huge difference but i'm just curious.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This is happening more and more, tuborg went down as has stella and I think some others have

It requires less ingredients and has lower duty on the alcohol, so it is a way of reducing the manufacturers costs while being able to sell it at the same price. They probably hope you just don't notice or care.

In some cases like stella it could be to try and give it a better name, i.e. you hear it called wifebeaters in the UK due to its high %.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

you'll notice the ones produced for the Irish market for richmond marketing are 4.7% but the ones being imported to sell cheap are usually 4.3%. dunnes usually get their miller from france and there is alot of miller from czech republic around Ireland at the moment!

Advertisement