Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Indian Takeaway around Dublin 5

• 27-06-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice with Indian Takeaways that Deliver into Artane Dublin 5

So probably anything in these areas:

Artane
    Raheny
    Coolock
    Kilester
    Beamount
    Harmonstown
    Donnycarney
    Clarehall

Any good ones around?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭WhoseView: Michael

The India Link Indian Takeaway, 2 Shantalla Rd, Beaumount is possibility. phone is 7978000. Passed it last week and looked busy, so thats a good sign! If its any good, you might come over to my page here on boards and tell me about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

India House in Killester 8530022

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a new one in kilbarrack shopping centre called curry club. ive eaten out of a few times and its always been very good. the number is 01 - 8712904

if it has it must have been very recent as i ordered a takeaway from there last week

i ordered an indian from bilash in clontarf for the first time last night and have to say it was vile.
    the tikka masala was bland and didnt taste anything like i have tasted before.
    there was very little chicken (5 pieces) and the keema naan only had a few flakes of lamb.
    i wont be ordering from them again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

spurious wrote: »
    India House in Killester 8530022

+1 - India House is delicious, their chicken jalfrezi is the business, chicken pakora is yummers too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

India house is nice, thanks guys

However, is that it? just 2 Indians in such a large area? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

There are four listed, India Link, India House, Bilash and Curry Club. There are loads more though. There's one in St Annes in Raheny, can't remember the name but it's not great anyway. Bombay Pantry in Fairview is great too...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭mazza

Bilash in Clontarf used to be good, but changed hands about a year ago and has gone to the dogs. I never go there anymore.

Not sure if its the same Indian takeaway in Raheny as mentioned by the other poster, but thought it wasn't up to much at all when I tried a few years ago.

For my money (literally), its got to be Bombay Pantry (www.bombaypantry.com) in Fairview as mentioned already. Great food that tastes "real" and no gloop sauce from bottles etc and good service too. I'd say they deliver to Artane - definitely try it! 25e special offer currently for two mains (chicken or veg), mixed starter, one rice and one plain naan.

For anyone looking to cast the net wider, try Indie Spice in Swords for sit-down (great value lunch special). Also, India Link (takeaway) in Portmarnock which I used to go to before Bombay Pantry.

Medina on Mary Street has a good rep for sit-down from an Indian guy I know, though I haven't tried it yet.

Sorry...I digress from the question. :D

Let us know where you go and how you get on!

There are four listed, India Link, India House, Bilash and Curry Club. There are loads more though. There's one in St Annes in Raheny, can't remember the name but it's not great anyway. Bombay Pantry in Fairview is great too...

forgot all about golden tandoori, but like you said, its not great

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The Food Guru, it's in Baldoyle industrial estate. I recommend it, good value and tasty. Not amazing but the best one around that I've tried.

http://www.foodguruireland.com/

WindSock wrote: »
    The Food Guru, it's in Baldoyle industrial estate. I recommend it, good value and tasty. Not amazing but the best one around that I've tried.

http://www.foodguruireland.com/

+1

Foodguru is pretty good and nice guys too, even if the pickup location is a bit odd.

I ate there a good bit until I tried the Bombay Pantry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Bombay Pantry is absolutely delicious.

I use the one in Ashtown.

Best Indian I've ever had outside of India.

Their Chicken Karahi is my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Des wrote: »
    The Bombay Pantry is absolutely delicious.

I use the one in Ashtown.

Best Indian I've ever had outside of India.

Their Chicken Karahi is my favourite.

Defo best Indian in Dublin, take away or no take away! Had one last night... HAHM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I had Bombay Pantry once from Fairview. It tasted like they zapped it in the microwave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I had Bombay Pantry once from Fairview. It tasted like they zapped it in the microwave.

I actually watched them cook my Chicken Kahari in the one in Ashtown one evening, just to make sure there was no Coriander added.

Nomicrowaving there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

They always make it fresh in front of me in Rathmines Bombay Pantry. I've never seen a dish not cooked in a pan (the kitchen is open & right behind the counter)

Taste is a subjective thing, I guess, but I'd be amazed if it had actually been anywhere near a microwave in the Bombay Pantry.

Like the other posters, I've only ever seen stuff cooked fresh in the pan whenever I waited for collection in the Fairview branch. Grub has always been first-class...

Slightly off-topic, but Bilash in Clontarf is actually closed at present, just in case anyone was thinking of trying it. Seems there was some kind of flooding in the recent rain which lead to a fire and extensive damage.

Advertisement