Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is your favourite uniform on a man

Options
  • 27-06-2009 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Following on from Fink's Snicker trousers thread, I was wondering which you thought was the sexiest uniform men wear - airline pilots do it for me every time....

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Geeeaaards :eek: :confused: I don't know what it is..

Once they're not pulling me over of course :D

Cuff me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

xzanti wrote: »
    The Geeeaaards :eek: :confused: I don't know what it is..

Once they're not pulling me over of course :D

Cuff me :D

Oh yeah, a very sexy guard gave me a warning last week, couldnt tell you what he said but he was yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Okay, this is going to sound REALLY BAD but it's SOLELY from a fashion point of view...

The Nazi uniforms. :o Particularly the SS parade/Allgemeine ones. Was watching The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas the other day and Lars was just a stunner in that uniform.

Feels so wrong to find it attractive though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

The one on the floor at the end of my bed!!:p

See the arrogance that is apparent in alot of these "authority figures" is a massive turn off for me.
    I especially hate the jumped up bus drivers, that are pilots.

Give me someone brave and selfless, like a fire fighter or an EMT. Anyday.

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    See the arrogance that is apparent in alot of these "authority figures" is a massive turn off for me.
    I especially hate the jumped up bus drivers, that are pilots.

Give me someone brave and selfless, like a fire fighter or an EMT. Anyday.

:) They dont need to be pilots to be arrogant - the Celtic Tiger had made it possible for all walks of life to be arrogant.

SarahSassy wrote: »
    :) They dont need to be pilots to be arrogant - the Celtic Tiger had made it possible for all walks of life to be arrogant.

You have never actually met any pilots, have you? :pac:

The most stupid uniform must be on the Iarnrod Eireann security guards running round Connolly Station in their black bullet proof vests...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

The most stupid uniform must be on the Iarnrod Eireann security guards running round Connolly Station in their black bullet proof vests...

Wouldnt be so stupid if they were saving you from being assaulted.

benwavner wrote: »
    Wouldnt be so stupid if they were saving you from being assaulted.

I am assaulted by the smell on the train most morning which is another story but the bullet proof vests are a bit OTT. The lads in them seem to think they are members of the French Foreign Legion.

• Advertisement

I am assaulted by the smell on the train most morning which is another story but the bullet proof vests are a bit OTT. The lads in them seem to think they are members of the French Foreign Legion.

Ha fair point! I see what u r saying, but Dublin is a fairly stabby stabby place.. If I were doin that job, id like to have some protection. In regards to the way guys portray themselves in the vests...

...Its ridiculous the way the vests make u feel invincible!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Garda Uniform does it for me everytime ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Irish firefighters are usually old and fat so it takes away from the hotness of the uniform. :(

Irish firefighters are usually old and fat so it takes away from the hotness of the uniform. :(

Obviously didnt see this then...

http://www.dfbcalendar.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Not really a uniform but I love a sweaty guy in boxing gloves/sparring mitts....preferably just out of the ring....nyom nyom nyom.....

The first guy with the big 'hatchet' is the most 'talented' there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Sorry have to disagree....I know one of the fire fighters in that calendar & he is rather ugly in reality....the fact he is an arrogant twat doesnt help....his first sentence to me was ''oh suppose you've seen me in the calendar'' Ughhh.

What about Lollypop men?............if I was gay.........

Maddison wrote: »
    Sorry have to disagree....I know one of the fire fighters in that calendar & he is rather ugly in reality....the fact he is an arrogant twat doesnt help....his first sentence to me was ''oh suppose you've seen me in the calendar'' Ughhh.

Ha feck...........sounds like a nice guy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

airline pilots do it for me every time....

You have good taste!
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    You have never actually met any pilots, have you? :pac:

Oi we're not.............ah who am I kidding! :pac:

Oh and glorified bus drivers?? Yea they could probably do the job until something goes wrong then you'll be happy it's a pilot who knows his ****! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Oh and glorified bus drivers?? Yea they could probably do the job until something goes wrong then you'll be happy it's a pilot who knows his ****! ;)

The problem might not have arisen in the first place if you hadn't spilled your gin & tonic in the instrument panel.

And furthermore - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055597054

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

The problem might not have arisen in the first place if you hadn't spilled your gin & tonic in the instrument panel.

I'd never spill my gin and tonic!!! Waste a good drink that!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Yum, MIUs (Men In Uniform)...

My fav would have to be the army uniform, there's just something about all that green....and the ability to do pushups - and being trained to follow verbal instructions instantaneously.

I miss that ad they used to have on the telly for the Defence Forces with the 'life less ordinary' tag line, used to brighten up the commercial breaks on RTE for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

liah wrote: »
    Okay, this is going to sound REALLY BAD but it's SOLELY from a fashion point of view...

The Nazi uniforms. :o Particularly the SS parade/Allgemeine ones. Was watching The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas the other day and Lars was just a stunner in that uniform.

Feels so wrong to find it attractive though.

The SS and SA uniforms were designed by Hugo Boss, a prominent Nazi party member. They do have a certain panache though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Army no.2 uniform. For some reasom I just don't like the ones, too much like a weird green suit.

I have to agree with the nazi uniform, it's one of the best uniforms there is and I don't think there's anything wrong with liking the uniform. It just makes any guy look better and the boots! (I can't remember his name but it was in Extras he was a nazi and someone said he looked good in the uniform, que the joke about going out on a friday night in it)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All that proves is that Irish men aren't very attractive. Some of them also had high bodyfat %. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

maybe thye are stab vest?

cork1 wrote: »
    maybe thye are stab vest?

Ah ha... Was wondering why they would need bullet proofing... Even less reason for them to strut round like they are on M15 training.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

She Devil wrote: »
    Garda Uniform does it for me everytime ;)

Have to agree with you there! Although wouldnt mind getting some sexy guards into a tight fireman uniform ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,462 ✭✭✭✭fits

Irish Naval Officer No. 1s. Seriously seriously hot.

Army no.1s arent bad either.

Meh for pilots and firemen though, dont do it for me.

Advertisement