Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is your favourite uniform on a man

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I think the fireman outfit is pretty sexy! There's something attractive about the hero character, for sure!

My favourite is probably a UFC-style get up! I'm not big into the sport, seeing two guys all over each other :p but there's definitely something hot about a guy who's tough, strong and willing to pin you down! :D

... I know one boardsie who's going to be delighted to read that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Have to agree with you there! Although wouldnt mind getting some sexy guards into a tight fireman uniform ;)

LOL ha ha yeah

Or i think for me its the guard in the uniform that does it for me everytime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

She Devil wrote: »
    LOL ha ha yeah

Or i think for me its the guard in the uniform that does it for me everytime :)

Ha ha ah you're biased! ;)

I can't really think of a uniform that I find sexy. Just a man in a suit does it for me. I used to live with four army guys in first year in college though so that was quite nice, my house was very popular with my fellow female students, I wonder why :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shabbah

Depends on the guy IN the uniform, obviously, but the army guys ALWAYS get a second glance from me - soooooo sexxxxy :)

Doctors/Surgeons aswell......have an appt tomorrow with an extremely sexy gynaecologist *eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek* Not lookin' forward to him seeing just exactly how much his unform "does it" for me :eek: ("sexy" and "gynaecologist" should be two words that you never EVER get a chance to use in the same sentence)

Help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My bf wears a uniform to work, and that does it for me on the rare occasions I see him in it. The army uniform is a huge no-no for me. My dad was a soldier and it reminds me of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I used to live with four army guys in first year in college though so that was quite nice, my house was very popular with my fellow female students, I wonder why :D

When I started college, all the new students had to sit down so we could be assigned mentors to show us around. Up on the stage, one young mentor girl was whispering into the co-ordinators ear, only to have the co-ordinator sigh into the microphone and announce "Could the four cadets sitting at the front please go with this girl as she's asked to be their mentor."
    Cue the poor girl going red with embaressment and being given the green eye by the females in the room.

I was fairly oblivios to the uniform thing until I joined the RDF; women and the elderly seem to love it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Maddison wrote: »
    Not really a uniform but I love a sweaty guy in boxing gloves/sparring mitts....preferably just out of the ring....nyom nyom nyom.....
    + a million.

Then the Garda uniform, army uniform and fireman. in that order. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Birthday suit

One size fits all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Firemen, specifically Italian firemen who wear these tight khaki green t-shirts which cling to their big muscly arms.....it's making me overheat just thinking about it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My job involves observing Firefighters physical tests, I'm doing it this week actually. Just sayin'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Uniforms are alright. But if you could combine them with, say, a guitar, you're on to a real winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Charge of the Light Brigade/American Civil War uniform and a guitar :eek:... /collapses

/me YouTubes Kasabian and Adam Ant...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Kasabian are so annoying that they transcend the guitar/ uniform combo though.

In fact, they make both guitars and uniforms less attractive by association.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I've never got the whole uniform thing. Does nothing for me, at all. :confused: I love guys with the confidence to be individual- uniforms are the last things that appeal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

I also don't get the uniform thing. I avoid Guards and the like. I don't like clean cut men in uniforms and suits at all.

For me nothing beats a long haired man in jeans and well scuffed boots! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

hmmmmm should i post the pic of me in my fire gear again...... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

hmmmmm should i post the pic of me in my fire gear again...... lol

No, we get it, you're a fireman. My knickers are practically falling off right now :rolleyes::pac::p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

liah wrote: »
    The Nazi uniforms. :o Particularly the SS parade/Allgemeine ones. Was watching The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas the other day and Lars was just a stunner in that uniform.

Feels so wrong to find it attractive though.

There is something called "The Sukhomlinov Effect", which basically states that in a war, the side with the nicest uniforms loses. Also known as "The Law of Military Plumage"

This has almost invariably been the case for most any war one can think of.
    Which is sortof worrying because my uniform is nicer than that of my opponents :-/

NTM (Interloper)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Hmm...I don't know..I like formal wear on a guy though.

Just date an actor! You get to see them in a different outfit every day of the week! :pac:
    Decide which one you like most and then force them to wear it to bed....Not that I do that. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

bronte wrote: »
    Hmm...I don't know..I like formal wear on a guy though.

A recent journey on the Luas past the Four Courts gave me an eyefull of lots of yummy looking barristers in their all black suits and gowns - i think the army gear may have competition for my favourite uniform.

All those who favour the Guarda outfit - there is a certain something about those belts they wear loaded down with...handcuffs. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

Orange jump suits with a number on the back.

Phwoarrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

xzanti wrote: »
    The Geeeaaards :eek: :confused: I don't know what it is..

Once they're not pulling me over of course :D

Cuff me :D

Oh yep..defo agree...! Me likey the gardai too..:D

See the Garda uniform has been ruined for me because my wonderful fatherkins was a member for 30 odd years and I've ironed more of those damned blue shirts than I care to remember.
    They're a flippin nightmare to iron too :mad:
    Thank feck he retired! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 butterflydream

The US Navy uniform and firefighter although as was already said the Irish ones arent as hot as say the Californians..........mmmmmmm :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lawzydudette

I'm a mighty lucky girl!

My boyfriend is the definition of hotness and he's a Garda too...

Only downside is, I'm a banner so the uniform doesn't really do it for me any more... :(

I'm still blessed though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

bronte wrote: »
    See the Garda uniform has been ruined for me because my wonderful fatherkins was a member for 30 odd years and I've ironed more of those damned blue shirts than I care to remember.
    They're a flippin nightmare to iron too :mad:
    Thank feck he retired! :pac:

Feckin hate ironing them with a passion :mad: Why do they have to have that crease thing on the back?1 My poor boyfriend must look funny in his creasy shirts! :D

Why do they have to have that crease thing on the back?

I know! Grrrrr :mad: Worst shirts ever. :pac:

Advertisement