Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged using my Laser Card. Any comeback?

Options
  • 27-06-2009 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Howdee,

I was out for a meal on Thursday night, and payed using my Laser card. It was around €64 and a few cents.. as I remember her saying it.
    I was given a receipt and chucked it away since, but I was checking my banking 365 and I see I have been debited €112.

I don't know if I have any comeback.
    How can I prove I paid half that amount without any receipts? I'd imagine they would have a record of it on their till, but I have no receipts so can't prove I should have been charged only €64....??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Did you get cash-back at all? I know it was a restuarant but its the biggest cause of queries.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Did you pay using chip&pin or was it signed for. If it was chip&pin, as far as the banks are concerned you have absolutely no comeback because you should have checked the amount before entering your PIN. If it was signed for, you could ask your bank to send a transaction query to the retailer's bank on your behalf, although there are no guarantees with this either.

As Jumpy said, did you get cashback?

If I were you, I'd go back to the restaurant first, tell them when you were in, what you had, etc. Maybe bring a print out of your Banking365 to show them that the amount was put through for €112. They should still have the receipts from the night, so if your bill is itemised showing a total of €64, and your card receipt shows €112, you might be lucky and they might refund the difference for you. If you got cashback, most places will write it on the receipt somewhere. Often you need to initial it to show you received the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Was the €112 debited in one transaction?

I was thinking if it was a duplicate transaction that if the bill was €56 and it was sent thru twice, which often happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Trampas

Did you make a mistake with the tip?

Did you leave it up to the restaurant for the tip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

silly me. I had totally forgotten, but when the second poster asked here if I got cash back, I did....sorry for starting this thread...
    I had totally forgotten. Maybe I should go to a different thread for memory loss...:o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Hmmmm

Advertisement