Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car boot sale in Collooney

Options
  • 27-06-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

Indoor and outdoor at the Teeling Centre.
    From 10am-2pm, running every week.

Just saw a sign for this today, hoping it will take off, I have loads of junk quality items to get rid of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Did anybody go to buy or sell anything. Wonder if many people were at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

We went for a look.
    Got some cd's for 50 cent each, hubby got a thing like a dremel for a fiver.
    Only 6 stalls and not many people looking around, hope it picks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Fozzle said her manager had loads of CD's to dump sell and was going to set up a stall. Wonder if you bought the CD's from her.

I bought mine from the tidy town stall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

i did the car boot yesterday and i really hope it takes off, as used to do carrick but it got mad and way too many stalls and having to queue to get a place is crazy.

i made about 75euro yesterday which was grand paid a few bills today. going to have another bit of a clearout this week and hoepfully next week will be more around.

• Advertisement

75 euro isn't bad.
    How much is it to have a stall there?
    I'm thinking of going next week.

€10 for outside and €20 for inside, i think €20 is dear for inside and whether that will work is another thing. it was slow to get going yesterday morning and at one stage i thought i will be lucky to cover the 10euro it cost for the table.

i don't think it was well advertised, i seen the sign on the road between the two roundabouts but not sure if there were signs anywhere else. hopefully word of mouth will get more numbers, plus the football match yesterday might have kept people away.

am doing next week and will decide then whether i will do it weekly might leave it every 2 weeks.

20 euro is steep. I think a tenner is enough. Do they let you use their tables?
    I only saw a sign on the road for it.
    They used to have car boot sales there years ago and had regular sellers but since they stopped the sellers have gone to Carrick on Shannon to sell....too far for me to be bothered going.

we got a table from them alright which was great.

i liked going to carrick but then the guy got a bit greedy and is fitting as many tables in as possible and that just doesnt work, so hopefully collooney will take off this time, dont know if any need for it weekly though i think every 2 weeks would be plenty

Thats handy to know about the table, I might give it a try this week.

• Advertisement

If anyone is passing tomorrow we are having a stall:D
    Got lego, beanie babies, gadgets, cds....something for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

How did it go Magnumlady? Hope you made a bit of dosh.

I'm thinking of doing it, I can't be arsed with Ebay, and alot of the stuff is perfect so I'd rather see could I get a few bob for it first rather than send it to the charity shop.

Well this week was rubbish.
    People were saying last week was great...typical.
    The man only charged a fiver for stalls and the kids made a bit of pocket money and want to go again next week.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

we didn't make it due to a tired boy refusing to leave the house and when he finaly did want to leave it was time for the park fest. so see you next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Has anyone been since? Are there more stalls now? More people ? I'm thinking of getting a stall tomorrow as I've loads of books I want to sell. :)

We had a quick look last week, there were about 10 stalls. Not sure how many people were there.
    I prefer the mushroom farm in Carrick on Shannon (Springfield market), there are usually quite a lot of people there. We haven't had a stall at it though just been to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks! I'll see what the weather is like tomorrow. :)

Both car boot sales are indoor and outdoor.

Collooney charge 10 euro for indoor or outdoor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

magnumlady wrote: »
    We had a quick look last week, there were about 10 stalls. Not sure how many people were there.
    I prefer the mushroom farm in Carrick on Shannon (Springfield market), there are usually quite a lot of people there. We haven't had a stall at it though just been to look.

Yep Springfield has a good array of stuff alright. Good retro clothes,(nice jewellery if you are in to it-i am), antiques in the jumble, books and the like. Normally come out with something. I do like Carrick tho. Must check out Collooney and support it. Have plenty of gear to set up a stall too at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Bunny Buster

Is that Boot Sale still ongoing in Colooney, I was thinking of going down to trade this Sunday if it is still going.... if it is could someone post details, cheers! :)

• Advertisement

I don't know if it's on every week but there is a 'Monster' car boot sale there on Sunday 5th December from 10am -2am in aid of the MS centre.

magnumlady wrote: »
    I don't know if it's on every week but there is a 'Monster' car boot sale there on Sunday 5th December from 10am -2am in aid of the MS centre.

Cheers for that, where exactly is the sale held? It's just that a friend of mine was telling me about the sales in Colooney, but he wasn't sure where they are held, that's the trouble with getting info 3rd hand:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have you any idea what a pitch cost aswell?

It's at the Teeling Centre in Collooney which is just off the Collooney roundabout, left if you are coming from Sligo (almost opposite the petrol station).
    The last time we went it was 10 euro a stall, there is no price listed for the MS one.

Thanks for the response Magnumlady, it is gratefully appreciated!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Anybody know if this is still running on Sundays?

Advertisement