Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodbowl - anyone got it yet?

Options
  • 27-06-2009 11:16pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My hand is desperately hovering over that "Download" button here - has anyone else got this game yet and have any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

I'm tempted to get it, but for €50 I think I'll wait till I see some sort of a review.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

For €50 i could buy arma for €25 in a shop. Oh this isn't the steam rip off thread nor the arma thread. I feel lost.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is that the only place it's available at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

€50 for this game, they can go and shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

please let there be good reviews

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, I was too tempted and bought it last night. Have only been playing the turn based (cause I'm a purist :p) but I'm *really* enjoying it. It's worth €50 to a fanboi like me, but not to the more casual observer.

Back I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Spear wrote: »

I read that and am SOOOOO tempted to buy this. Loved BB back in the late 90's, got it as a Junior Cert present, modern kids get cars and holidays :rolleyes:

How does the real-time play out? I played a demo of Chaos League years ago so forget everything apart from it being fantasy based. Is it kinda like Madden games, since my brother loves those and loved BB too.

Wow. Bloodbowl. That brings back memories. My brother was always really into those kind of fantasy-related games - even designing his own Warhammer scenes (winning a prize once too!).

Plus Magic the Gathering and Illuminati.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Played in the beta so I knew to pre-order, even for 50 squid. Its online blood bowl, what more do you want? Anyone looking for a league look no further than the orca cola championship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Magic the gathering: Planeswalker is coming out for the xbox 360 soon too.

Lashed into a bit of the real-time earlier with an all BeastMan Chaos team (sure why not?) called Bestial Devastation (yea I'm a Sepultura fan :p). It was a lot of fun - think point and click Speedball 2 with the ability to pause time to respond or give new instructions to players. You can also train players before a match for an opportunity to temporarily boost a stat (in the same way the coaching works in Tiger Woods), but it's a bit strange and I haven't quite worked out how it's meant to work :) Then you can have sponsorship deals for extra cash and set a series of accomplishments etc.

Ok so checked my credit card, €375 in debt :( ......................

.......then I thought **** IT :D

It really is just a computerised version of BB so........awesome!!

Tried a Lizardman team first, very hard to get to grips with, Saurus having only 1 AG means getting into and out of tackle zones is a chore so went with Chaos, pure violence and I love it. Gotta admit, the game can be massively favoured to the opposing team even on medium: encountered a team who were given 310,000 in inductments before a match and this was the second match of a campaign, Dwarfs who just skip in and out of tackle zones and "going for it" constantly with AG 2 and the Skaven....OH GOD THE ****ING SKAVEN, cheating pricks. Had one match where I beat them down to 2 players left on the pitch and no forfeit.......is there even forfeiting?

They may have forgotten the forfeit rule - it it part of the living rulebook now though? Used to be 5 players I think, yea? Been too long since I played the original :)

Still really loving this though, could turn out to have been the best €50 I've spent in a long, long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Magic the gathering: Planeswalker is coming out for the xbox 360 soon too.

It's already out. Great game, well worth it.

I was just looking at a video there of Magic the Gathering and I was just thinking it would have been cool if the creatures/objects popped out of the cards and fought each other that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

currently downloading 3 minutes left

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

got it myself, really like it, though some of the rules dont quite match up to lrb5 unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

If anybody is hankering for some real-world bloodbowl after playing this game, there's a pretty big open-ladder at http://bloodbowl-ireland.org

55 coaches, based in dublin and cork.

There's a sign-up email address on the site, everybody's welcome, beginner or not, and you can play as often, or as seldom, as you like because it's a ladder not a fixed schedule league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Just because im getting confised im gonna ask!

Is the bloodbowl here: http://bloodbowl.nexway.com/index2.html?Langue=en_GB&REF=671320

The same as the bloodbowl here: http://www.game.co.uk/PC/Sport/AmericanFootball/~r343232/Blood-Bowl/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm thinking it is. You can buy it form the site, but it's not available in shops yet (I think).

Earlier in this post people are saying they bought it, that was back in june!

But the game site has the release date 3 days from now.

A digital version of the game was released for PC months ago, alongside the retail release in France and Germany. It is now being released on retail worldwide in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is it any good ?

I still enjoy it :)

I think its brilliant.
    I played the campaign but once i gave playing online a shot i havent played the campaign again.

Brilliant game but its harsh when you lose players with a lot of spp.
    I already broke several cups, punched stuff... etc.. out of frustration. haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The boxed edition is in stores, so I got me a copy.

I'm terrible at this though, probably my own fault for trying to start out with vulerable Skaven though.

Patch 1.0.1.10 is here.

http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/dlp.cgi?lang=&sys=pc&file=bb-update-1-0-1-10.zip&ref=ps

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I picked up a copy at Game on a recommendation. I enjoy playing it, though the commentary gets a bit repeatative.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Im enjoying it. Would we have enough people to set up a boards.ie league ? Its during a league that the game really comes into its own.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    Im enjoying it. Would we have enough people to set up a boards.ie league ? Its during a league that the game really comes into its own.

Im up for that if there are enough people.
    New teams i guess?

It might not be fair if my 2k rating orc team plays against a brand new elf team and kills them all, hehe!

Advertisement