Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade Fire - Mega Superthread. All gig/new album discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

WEBCAST MP3 RIP!

Worth it for Month of May alone. Freaking awesome.
    Cheers for that Jill.. that's going on my iPhone for tomorrow's listening!

I'm just watching the videos from it now as they appeared to have finished putting up videos up on the YouTube VEVO channel (no 'Months Of May', 'Crown Of Love' etc? :().

They're just a wonder to behold live.. their energy on-stage really is remarkable.

Haven't seen them live since the marquee in Phoenix Park back in October 2007 so looking forward to seeing them in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I know, I'd do terrible shameful things to see that concert in it's entirety again. The MP3 is awesome, but it's not quite the same. :(

They're playing The Daily Show tonight - Ready To Start for broadcast, and Month of May for online. It'll be showing in the US tonight, and over here More4... tomorrow? I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

dont wanna sound like "that guy" but..

god speed you black emperor isnt sold out.

20something € gets you an audience with proto canadian indie soundscape leg-end-s

jus a thought before you max out your c cards k?

Win Butler -

scaled.php?tn=0&server=339&filename=40mq.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Big fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Got an e-mail from MCD
    Arcade Fire are set to end the year in Ireland and the UK with an arena tour in December. The band have confirmed they are due to play a show at Dublin's O2 on 5th December 2010.

Special guests for The O2, Dublin are Vampire Weekend and Devendra Banhart (on stage 7.00pm).

TICKET INFORMATION

Tickets from €55.80 including booking fee
    Limited to 4 per person
    On Sale Friday 20th August at 9.00am

Can't wait, had the three albums on rotation at work last night, will do the same tonight! AF overload

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

sprinkles wrote: »

EDIT: Just out of interest why was the Oxegen gig so poorly received? I assumed it would have been the same set list and even if you hadn't heard the leaked album a lot of the songs were from Funeral/Neon Bible. Just wondering...
    I was Oxegen and it was freekin amazing. I was right on the barrier aswell. One of the greatest atmospheres I've ever experienced during the headlines set. The low turnout meant that everyone there genuinally wanted to see the band.

I think the press took it as 'not many people went =must be ****. '

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

If I try and get tickets @9.am on the 20th will I get some or will it be imossible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I've been listening to this a lot. What an album. Half Light II is an absolute blinder of a track, one of the best on a very, very good album.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Win Butler -

scaled.php?tn=0&server=339&filename=40mq.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Big fella.

I think he was on a stage, plus JStew is essentially a midget.

Nah, they're both on the same floor. Win Butler really is massive. Stewart must be quite a munchkin all the same.

Great performance of Month of May, but they cut it off by about a minute for the broadcast, and it was an awesome minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Hope to get in early! Last time I was standing behind a guy who had a head like a snow globe!

Are Vampire weekend supporting Arcade Fire in Glasgow as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

Do you think this wil be the only irish show? my fear is that i'll get a ticket for the Sunday & then they'll add a second date on the saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It will more than likely be Monday....

S.M.B. wrote: »
    It will more than likely be Monday....

where was this indicated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

WEBCAST MP3 RIP!

Worth it for Month of May alone. Freaking awesome.
    I'm listening to Power Out\Rebellion (Lies) from that rip right now. omfg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

where was this indicated?

It's pretty much a given at this stage. All reports are saying that the 6th will be the second date.

Gig Thread

Nah, they're both on the same floor. Win Butler really is massive. Stewart must be quite a munchkin all the same.

Great performance of Month of May, but they cut it off by about a minute for the broadcast, and it was an awesome minute.

Yeah, he's tiny!

Post that pic of Win with his head on Stews shoulder.

And geez guys. 73€ to see AF... That's a bit rich.

Course I saw one of those warm up gigs in London a few years back for like 12 quid, so I'm a bit spoiled. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

everybodys fairly chilled out here about the ticket prices!!true fans i guess!
    the battles been raging here for a few days now....including a reply from their manager at comment 78

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2010/08/10/arcade-fire-dublin-december-2/#comments

• Advertisement

the battles been raging here for a few days now....including a reply from their manager at comment 78

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2010/08/10/arcade-fire-dublin-december-2/#comments

Already covered in the gig thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67419659&postcount=54

Are Vampire weekend supporting Arcade Fire in Glasgow as well?

I don't think so, no. Banhart, but no Vampire Weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Is it really gonna be €73 Ive been reading that here but I went onto the ticketmaster website and the prices arent on it yet.

73 is, AFAIK, the seated ticket with all the Ticketmaster fees loaded on and all. Standing via arcadefire.com should be 60ish, I think.

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Yeah, he's tiny!

Post that pic of Win with his head on Stews shoulder.

And geez guys. 73€ to see AF... That's a bit rich.

Course I saw one of those warm up gigs in London a few years back for like 12 quid, so I'm a bit spoiled. ;)

73 quid! **** that! i didn't think tickets were that price!

oh, that's for a seating ticket, wouldn't want one of them anyway, 60 quid for 3 good acts, is expensive but i'm willing to pay it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ruddellmander

That is a bit pricey,but the support acts aint bad so I will defo be gettin myself a ticket!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

73 is, AFAIK, the seated ticket with all the Ticketmaster fees loaded on and all. Standing via arcadefire.com should be 60ish, I think.

Are the tickets on arcadefire.com going on sale tomorrow morning or Friday?, their not listed as of yet.

Hopefully tomorrow. There's a couple of very teeny tiny capacity/ high-demand US shows going on sale tomorrow as well though, so don't be surprised if Crowdsurge's ticketing site has some problems - just keep trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I'm a true fan and I'm not going to pay 73 euro to see them in the O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Hopefully tomorrow. There's a couple of very teeny tiny capacity/ high-demand US shows going on sale tomorrow as well though, so don't be surprised if Crowdsurge's ticketing site has some problems - just keep trying.

Not sure if I should try buy them on AF's site or O2 priority, wonder which I'd have the best chance with.

I'm a true fan and I'm not going to pay 73 euro to see them in the O2.

Completely agree!

I've seen in them multiple times in three countries, own all their stuff, even the early stuff... even spent £50 on a silkscreened (and numbered) poster at one of their shows, but I'm not gonna pay 73 euro to see 'em... esp as having VM on the bill will shorten their set and esp as 73 x2 plus all the other expenses = at least 250... hard to justify 250 to watch AF for 1.5 hours.

• Advertisement

dylbert wrote: »
    Not sure if I should try buy them on AF's site or O2 priority, wonder which I'd have the best chance with.

Personally, I'm aiming for AF's own site, Dublin was just listed for presale bright and early tomorrow morning. The US shows went on sale today after all, and it's held up just fine under an enormous amount of traffic, so I'm alright with that.

Now don't get me wrong, you might have a slightly better shot with O2, but af.com should be notably cheaper without ticketb*stard's fees loaded onto it.

Again - 73 is for the seated tickets with fees and all loaded on top. Regular tickets should be around 60ish, which isn't much more than tickets were last time, and less than Radiohead.

Arcade Fire's own set will not be shortened as such, they very rarely play over two hours anyway.

I've registered for tomrrow's O2 presale, please don't tell me that they work through ticketmaster's service and charge extra for booking fee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fraid so Colm.

Could someone explain to me the difference between a "true fan" and a "fan"?

Why not just say "I'm a big fan"?

"True Fan" implies that other people who like the band don't really like them or that a "True Fan" is somehow better than others because they like them more.

It's even worse than "I prefer their early stuff".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Is it only me that thinks 73 isn't that bad? I mean considering the price that other sh*t acts are charging.
    I'm not gonna pay 73 euro to see 'em... esp as having VM on the bill will shorten their set and esp as 73 x2 plus all the other expenses = at least 250... hard to justify 250 to watch AF for 1.5 hours.

I'm sure they have a set list for their tour and will play the full compliment of songs, regardless of who is supporting them. Never noticed any band reducing their set list for that reason....

Also, if the ticket was 50 instead of 73, you'd still be spending over 200 going by your calculations. 73 is a lot I grant but it's not ridiculous.

Is it only me that thinks 73 isn't that bad? I mean considering the price that other sh*t acts are charging.

I'm sure they have a set list for their tour and will play the full compliment of songs, regardless of who is supporting them. Never noticed any band reducing their set list for that reason....

Also, if the ticket was 50 instead of 73, you'd still be spending over 200 going by your calculations. 73 is a lot I grant but it's not ridiculous.

First, there has to be a line... for me... well, I don't really like VW.... so this is my line...

And I have seen SOOOOO many bands cut their sets when theres multiple headliners... seen it dozens of times...

They played 18 songs at MSG, lets see if they do that here...

I'm not trying to get folks NOT to see them, just expressing my disappointment at the cost...

This'll be the first time I COULD see them and won't...

Personally, I'm aiming for AF's own site, Dublin was just listed for presale bright and early tomorrow morning. The US shows went on sale today after all, and it's held up just fine under an enormous amount of traffic, so I'm alright with that.

Now don't get me wrong, you might have a slightly better shot with O2, but af.com should be notably cheaper without ticketb*stard's fees loaded onto it.

Again - 73 is for the seated tickets with fees and all loaded on top. Regular tickets should be around 60ish, which isn't much more than tickets were last time, and less than Radiohead.

Arcade Fire's own set will not be shortened as such, they very rarely play over two hours anyway.

Hey JV, this is one of ther few places they're double headlining... I wouldn't say definitively that they won't cut their set a lot... I have def seen it happen... three bands and there is a definite end time right?

The show starts at 7... I don't know... hope they don't cut it... would be a bit surprised if they didn't.

I dunno, they are promoting their ne album and will want to fit in at least 5 new songs along with the best of the rest. I can't see them cutting it much, if at all.

Set list from Lollapalooza (they were headliners but were on after the National and had a set finish time)

1. Ready to Start
    2. Neighborhood #2 (Laika)
    3. No Cars Go
    4. Haïti
    5. Empty Room
    6. Rococo
    7. The Suburbs
    8. Intervention
    9. Crown of Love (Win dedicated it to The National)
    10. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
    11. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
    12. We Used to Wait
    13. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
    14. Rebellion (Lies)
    15. Month of May
    16. Keep the Car Running
    Encore:
    17. Wake Up

Set list for MSG;

1. Ready to Start
    3. No Cars Go
    4. Haiti
    5. Empty Room
    6. The Suburbs
    7. Crown of Love
    8. Rococo
    9. Intervention
    10. We Used to Wait
    11. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
    12. Rebellion (Lies)
    13. Month of May
    14. Keep the Car Running
    Encore:
    15. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
    16. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
    17. Wake Up

I can see them sticking pretty much to that set for their entire tour.

EDIT: I'd be looking at the cost of the ticket for the headliner, the support is always a bonus for me. If you don't like VW that's ok, but for me it would be Arcade Fire that I'd be paying the money to see.

I can't see Arcade Fire shortening their set any further, purely because they just don't play very long sets as it is. They played 18 songs at Madison Square Garden, but the show was still only about 1 hr 50.

Let's say Vampire Weekend go on at 7, play for an hour. Then Banhart could go on a little after 8, because his set up is pretty straightforward, I think. That would leave Arcade Fire to go on around 9.30 and finish around 11.30. I dunno what the curfew is in the O2, but that seems fair enough to me. Like I say, I paid 70 odd to see Radiohead play for what felt like about 2324 hours a while back, and I was bored stupid - at least I know Arcade Fire will work hard to give me my money's worth.

I dunno, they are promoting their ne album and will want to fit in at least 5 new songs along with the best of the rest. I can't see them cutting it much, if at all.

Set list from Lollapalooza (they were headliners but were on after the National and had a set finish time)

1. Ready to Start
    3. No Cars Go
    4. Haïti
    5. Empty Room
    6. Rococo
    7. The Suburbs
    8. Intervention
    9. Crown of Love (Win dedicated it to The National)
    10. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
    11. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
    12. We Used to Wait
    13. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
    14. Rebellion (Lies)
    15. Month of May
    16. Keep the Car Running
    Encore:
    17. Wake Up

Set list for MSG;

1. Ready to Start
    3. No Cars Go
    4. Haiti
    5. Empty Room
    6. The Suburbs
    7. Crown of Love
    8. Rococo
    9. Intervention
    10. We Used to Wait
    11. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
    12. Rebellion (Lies)
    13. Month of May
    14. Keep the Car Running
    Encore:
    15. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
    16. Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
    17. Wake Up

I can see them sticking pretty much to that set for their entire tour.

Lollapalloza is pretty much an all day event... hardly the same as a stadium show starting at 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Those acts are overpriced as well.
    What pisses people off is the fact that you can see them elsewhere for cheaper e.g. London for €42.

But ya I suppose comparing them to Lady Gaga, or whoever you have in mind, it's great value :)
    And it probably will sell out.

Lollapalloza is pretty much an all day event... hardly the same as a stadium show starting at 7.
    Agreed, it's a weekend festival but the point is this is their tour, I can't see them playing less on their own tour than at a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Let's say Vampire Weekend go on at 7, play for an hour. Then Banhart could go on a little after 8, because his set up is pretty straightforward, I think. That would leave Arcade Fire to go on around 9.30 and finish around 11.30.

Do you reckon that would be the order they'll go on? I would think Vampire Weekend would be on second.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Those acts are overpriced as well.
    What pisses people off is the fact that you can see them elsewhere for cheaper e.g. London for €42.

But ya I suppose comparing them to Lady Gaga, or whoever you have in mind, it's great value :)
    And it probably will sell out.
    That's exactly who I was comparing them to in my head :) Yeah I agree that the cost compared to London is a joke, but that's ireland for ya. If you refuse to buy these tickets based on the London price being cheaper then you wouldn't be buying much in good old rip off Ireland :)

Anyway, I'd gladly pay 70e to see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Hmm I'm signed up for the 02 thing so we'll see how it goes. I saw Vampire weekend early this year to so not that pushed.

Looked over some previous set lists lengths and realised I was not imagining the dalhalla set was a bit short.

Whats the word on a Saturday gig?

AFAIK it's the Monday they're aimed at, but nothing will be officially confirmed until the first show sells out.

Remember, presale is bright and early folks. I''ve been listening to some very cranky late-sleeper AmeriCanadians all day. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Cheers Jill! One in the hand and all that. Got MGMT in Stockholm on Fri 3rd so should be a good weekend!

basquille wrote: »
    Fraid so Colm.

Gaaah! Unsure if I should buy from O2 or arcadefire.com now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

best of luck to everyone up and waiting these tickets to go on sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Goolay

Got mine! :D

Advertisement