Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Hair Removal

Options
  • 27-06-2009 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

I'll put this query to the Ladies Lounge and see what your thoughts are on a male getting laser removal on the face ie. beard and neck. Job I'll be starting will require me to be clean shaved daily because it's a professional firm. That's a problem for me seeing as I could shave at 7am in the morning and by 5pm I'll have stubble. As it is I'd probably shave every 3rd/4th day since it's too painful to shave any sooner. Add in rugby 4 odd days a week and the skin just wouldn't be able to hack a daily shave.

I've been looking up online and so far I've decided to go with either Urbana or The BodyClinic. Have you or any of your friends used these guys and what's your thoughts on them? I've asked a few of my friends but they've only used local salons so wouldn't know either of the two listed above too well. I've gotten a bit of a slagging for wanting to get this done but to be honest it doesn't really bother me at all.

Also, anybody who has had laser removal on other body parts has anything nasty happened that I wouldn't find out about in a consultation.

Thanks ladies!

p.s I'd go to the facial hair forum but somehow I have a feeling they might not be too happy with what I'm about to do;)

Mods, feel free to move if necessary. I thought this place might be my best bet to get info on the salons and procedure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Have you tried shaving with an old fashioned safety razor?

It would break my heart if himself permanently lasered away his facial hair... I love a bit of scruff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Have you tried shaving with an old fashioned safety razor?

It would break my heart if himself permanently lasered away his facial hair... I love a bit of scruff :(

Trust me this is my last resort, I've tried everything! Even if I get it treated, chances are that it will still grow back only a bit finer which should make shaving a bit easier if needs be, most sites say that it's not permanent. Hairs on neck manage to grow in about 5 different directions in one part so shaving is a nightmare.

What colour is your hair and skin?

Do we have a transexual forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Pale enough skin and dark hair so seemingly a good candidate. Think transgenders go for 20+ visits or so. I'd only be looking for 5-7 visits max going by the salons websites.

Advertisement