Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFO sighting type-thing

Options
  • 28-06-2009 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

So, just 5 minutes ago, me and my bud saw a ball of light in the sky. Said light was bright at first, then dimmed significantly. All the while, moving erratically(Up and down, mainly). Now, I live on Kerry head, so I'm used to planes flying around every which-way, but this was no plane. It was inland, and I think it was around Ballybunion, maybe farther back. I think near Ballyduff. At first I was like "Oh ****, the Koreans let fly with the nukes!"but, well, it was going over the wrong sea. Anyone else see this thing? I'm also wondering if we should sell our story to the Kerryman or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭claireloopy

wow the aliens are coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

You should go to the the paranormal forum, they could help you better there.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Well, I said I'd post it in kthe kerry forum to see if anyone else saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

There's a few things this could be:
    *The light signal at Kerry Airport, but that's a bit far away...but still it's a strong light.
    *A pub/club/hotel drawing attention to itself. Done by that pub at Headly's Bridge alot.
    *Someone with a torch.
    *Read your post again, a lighthouse/ship!
    *Aliens, we're all going die.

On a final note, I was outside last night and it was a fairly clear night...So maybe it's there alot but you don't notice it?

Ohh by the way, the Kerry man won't buy that. Like seriously...

1. Indeed, the airport is too far away, and in the wrong direction.
    2. It was too high to be a flare or anything, also, it was far too bright and was in the air for too long.
    3. Definately not a torch.
    4. Wrong direction. I've been looking at the lighthouse in loophead for the last 8 years, never shone in that diection.
    5. Let's not rule anything out here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

hacx wrote: »
    So, just 5 minutes ago, me and my bud saw a ball of light in the sky. Said light was bright at first, then dimmed significantly. All the while, moving erratically(Up and down, mainly). Now, I live on Kerry head, so I'm used to planes flying around every which-way, but this was no plane. It was inland, and I think it was around Ballybunion, maybe farther back. I think near Ballyduff. At first I was like "Oh ****, the Koreans let fly with the nukes!"but, well, it was going over the wrong sea. Anyone else see this thing? I'm also wondering if we should sell our story to the Kerryman or something.

well - anything so far tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

There has been a spotlight used in Tralee that behaved in a similar manner.
    It was down at Fels Point Hotel for the Rosa last year, but I've a feeling I've seen it at other times.

Maybe a test run of it :)

Saw a pretty dramatic UFO when I was 11, but nothing since.

I doubt a spotlight gould make it over stacks mountain from Fels point..

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

hacx wrote: »
    I doubt a spotlight gould make it over stacks mountain from Fels point..

Easily would, it's pointing up after all.

Advertisement