Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor iphone setting files including logo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jd999

Will the 'Meteor Carrier Bundle' work with iOS 4? I tried it with ultrasn0w 0.93 and lost the Cellular Data menu.

I had to uninstall it and enter them manually although I would like to get the icon working. Has anymore manged to to it working with the new 4.0 upgrade?

I tried the instructions at the beginning of the thread but I think Apple has changed something in the new release.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

jd999 wrote: »
    Will the 'Meteor Carrier Bundle' work with iOS 4? I tried it with ultrasn0w 0.93 and lost the Cellular Data menu.

I had to uninstall it and enter them manually although I would like to get the icon working. Has anymore manged to to it working with the new 4.0 upgrade?

I tried the instructions at the beginning of the thread but I think Apple has changed something in the new release.

Thanks
    I am working on a fix for the cydia package but I haven't been able to get MMS working at all.

If anyone has gotten Meteor MMS to work under iOS 4.0 please let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

same problem here, no mms on meteor with ios4!

for now you will have to enter the settings manually. No Meteor logo yet though I'm afraid :(

Please use the following settings:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭grolschmore

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    for now you will have to enter the settings manually. No Meteor logo yet though I'm afraid :(

them settings work for me on ios 4 iphone 4!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beatbox55

Thanks Jack for the cydia package - i used it on 3.1.3 (3gs). For some reason isp.mymeteor.ie didn't work when I entered it manually on iOS4, I had to use:

data.mymeteor.ie
    my
    meteor

- otherwise it threw up the aul "cannot activate cellular data.." message.

Might save someone frustration in this touchy iOS crossover period. :D

Joey

beatbox55 wrote: »
    Thanks Jack for the cydia package - i used it on 3.1.3 (3gs). For some reason isp.mymeteor.ie didn't work when I entered it manually on iOS4, I had to use:

data.mymeteor.ie
    my
    meteor

- otherwise it threw up the aul "cannot activate cellular data.." message.

Might save someone frustration in this touchy iOS crossover period. :D

Joey
    cheers for that joey!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

Hey guys, it would be great if you got the carrier logo working on 4.0.1! The logo is class. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

igor420 wrote: »
    Hey guys, it would be great if you got the carrier logo working on 4.0.1! The logo is class. Keep up the good work.
    did you install carrier logo fixer from cydia, and reboot ?
    gone to 3 now, so cant test myself

iPwnage wrote: »
    did you install carrier logo fixer from cydia, and reboot ?
    gone to 3 now, so cant test myself

From what i have read on this thread, it cant be done on IOS4?

The meteor carrier bundle on cydia says "Only for OS 3.1.x.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

sure try it out, if it doesnt work, uninstall !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Doesn't work , I prefer my carrier name :)
    2330b43a.jpg

Dont do this! I cant go into the setting of my phone now, It keeps crashing. Meteor carrier logo does not appear to be installed in cydia so i cant uninstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

cheers jack, worked perfectly on my 3gs 3.1.3

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. I have submitted the packages to cydia and they should be available for download within the next 24 hours. Please note that there are two seperate packages, one for 4.0 and another for 4.0.1.

If you are on 4.0.1, after a reboot, you must remove and reinsert your sim card for the settings to take effect.

This also contains the CommCentre Patch by wortel so it enables native tethering and preserves FaceTime. I also added High Res logo's for iPhone 4.

Please let me know of any issues.

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. I have submitted the packages to cydia and they should be available for download within the next 24 hours. Please note that there are two seperate packages, one for 4.0 and another for 4.0.1.

If you are on 4.0.1, after a reboot, you must remove and reinsert your sim card for the settings to take effect.

This also contains the CommCentre Patch by wortel so it enables native tethering and preserves FaceTime. I also added High Res logo's for iPhone 4.

Please let me know of any issues.

Enjoy!

This isn't up on cydia yet is it ?

This isn't up on cydia yet is it ?

No, only the old one.

anyone know whats up with the new update in cydia?

BigBoss wont allow the package on cydia as it contains a CommCenter patch.

As of iOS 4 apple have signed all carrier bundles, and if they are edited or a new one is added it breaks the signature so it is ignored. The patch is not dangerous in any way, the only thing it does is bypass the signature checking. For this reason, the carrier bundle wont work without the patch.

I will post the packages up here tomorrow for anyone who wants to manually install them.

EDIT: Packages are now available. The easiest way to install would be to SSH the package to /var/mobile and then use iFile to install

BigBoss wont allow the package on cydia as it contains a CommCenter patch.

As of iOS 4 apple have signed all carrier bundles, and if they are edited or a new one is added it breaks the signature so it is ignored. The patch is not dangerous in any way, the only thing it does is bypass the signature checking. For this reason, the carrier bundle wont work without the patch.

I will post the packages up here tomorrow for anyone who wants to manually install them.

EDIT: Packages are now available. The easiest way to install would be to SSH the package to /var/mobile and then use iFile to install

cheers got it working on iphone 4 4.0.1

• Advertisement

cheers got it working on iphone 4 4.0.1
    Did you have to remove and reinsert sim card? And is facetime working for you?

Did you have to remove and reinsert sim card? And is facetime working for you?

yes i had to remove sim. and just checked facetime it aint workin. any idea on a fix?

Did it work before?

yes it has been working perfectly. i have facebreaker installed for facetime over 3g and has been working perfectly.

Do you know anything about editing plists? If so, you could try edit carrier.plist and remove

<key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
    <string>+447786205094</string>

I am not 100% on the install.
    I can ssh onto the phone. What is ifile?

Do you know anything about editing plists? If so, you could try edit carrier.plist and remove

<key>PhoneNumberRegistrationGatewayAddress</key>
    <string>+447786205094</string>

im not too sure about it but ill give it a go......

actually where do i find that file?
    system/library/carrierbundles/meteorie bundle?

Its ok, i figured it out.
    Installed it from cydia.

You can download iFile from cydia, it's free.

Just open iFile and navigate to wherever you have SSH'd the file to, tap on it and press install

• Advertisement

You can download iFile from cydia, it's free.

Just open iFile and navigate to wherever you have SSH'd the file to, tap on it and press install

Then?

Shut down.
    Take out sim.
    Re-insert sim.
    Turn on?

Advertisement