Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the weirdest dream you've ever had..

Options

Comments

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Felt pretty **** bout getting fired but I got a new job................. teaching fish how not to be obvious :D

Teaching fish how not to be obvious?? ive heard that before, where have i heard that before????:confused:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I dreamt I was at a IRA checkpoint across a river in donegal during 1916 or something.

Also, or maybe later (all last night) I was being chased by a small toddler who was either a suicide bomber, or would just blow up when she caught up to us.

I often have detailed dreams about war, getting chased, crime. The usual.

I've woken up laughing which was great. No idea why.

MarkR wrote: »
    I dreamt I was at a IRA checkpoint across a river in donegal during 1916 or something.

Also, or maybe later (all last night) I was being chased by a small toddler who was either a suicide bomber, or would just blow up when she caught up to us.

I often have detailed dreams about war, getting chased, crime. The usual.

I've woken up laughing which was great. No idea why.

lets hope your not a politician...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I had a really wierd dream about my dead gran before.....her coffin was in the sitting room and all of a sudden it opened and out came gran except she looked like your one from the exorcist.....freaky ****....I woke up sweating and crying, horrible stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

I had a dream where I inherited 80 billion euro last night.

:rolleyes:

-Sigh- If only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭deiseman21

walking along the road with my cousin, laughing and joking, until we bumped into 4 scumbags who started on us ,so we faught back and were giving them a go of it.

then one of them pulled a knife and stabbed me in the eye.

woke up staight away with my knuckle jammed right in my eye socket....mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

I dreamt I was going to the toilet in the GPO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 redhead82

I keep having a recurring dream that I'm in bed with the devil, but he doesn't know that I know it's the devil.......kind of freaky.:eek:

redhead82 wrote: »
    I keep having a recurring dream that I'm in bed with the devil, but he doesn't know that I know it's the devil.......kind of freaky.:eek:

That's a good dream in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Last week, I dreamt that I was at work, and my two friends started singing "I'm a Scat Man" just when we were cleaning glasses. I like dreams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Not really a dream, but it may have been the result of a weird dream.

I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night, and I started hallucinating that I was completely surrounded by spiders. Massive ones. It lasted about 5 seconds, and it was REALLY freaky :(

All I remember from the dream was I as babysitting some little blond boy :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Someone been laid out in coffin and next day found out friends brother had been murdered :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

The weirdest ever. I was trying to get into my grannys house but the driveway was totally covered in boiling hot tar. The entire dream was in a red hue and when I got in the house a statue of a life size American Indian was following me round the house at a very slow pace but I still could not get away. Was a long time ago but I still remember it vividly

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kellyc

ive had soo many weird random dreams i started writting them down then i stopped must start doing it again!

but one i remember from years ago was michael jackson was taking over the world and he was standing ontop of what looked like a giant teired wedding cake (as in skyscraper tall) and on each teir of the cake were slaves doing some sort of evil slave work for him

myself and a few other were hiding in a little house that had the hansel & gretel feel about it and im pretty sure the whole witch tried to kill us thing happened i cant remember

but yea i have well weird dreams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

i dreamt i was walking down the falls road and 8 masked men jumped over the wall and riddled me. then i had an outer body experience. fare weird...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 CelticTiger*

Nice to see my thread is doing so well...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Twenty years ago I dreamt I met Einstein.

He was just finishing up from a lecture, students filing out, and I asked him if he thought the theosophists experiments in the late 19th century to determine the true nature of mater were of merit.

He completely ignored me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Last night I dreamt that I was having a shower right in the middle of my Leaving Cert English class...

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

ive had this dream a few times now..

im sitting on a jet waiting for it to take off .. but everytime it does it never gets up that high and sometimes wont take off at all (?)..

Once it landed in the sea and we were clinging on to bits of the craft.. scary..
    its happened a few times..

And one where i lived in Tokyo..

And another where a local school was an airport :rolleyes:

and yes i have a fear of flying :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

one of the strangest dreams i had happened a few weeks ago..

it started off with a load of buffalo in the neighbours field beside our field, which is behind our house.. anyway, in the middle of the buffalo is a tiger.. then a gap appears in the wall and they start comn into our field, so i start runnin for my life to the house.. and all i could see when i looked back was a buffalo with a lamb in his mouth and heard a huge crunch as he bit the little fella and ate him! i had several dreams that included buffalo all around the same time strangely enough..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

When I was 11 I dreamt that I was Pac Man and I died by choking on a chicken bone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

hey never knew this tread was here and im glad it is ! anyhow i get the the same dream every night

Its always the same story but in a different location ,always some other country,and keep getting chased by someone and always by someone i know in the past or present

Whats up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Nigel Farage

I dreamt I was leader of the Labour party once, truly one of the most horrific episodes of my dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I dreamt the other night that I got my elbow pierced

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Rowan Atkinson going on a killing spree with a machine gun.

Happened about three years ago and it still freaks the s**t out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I had a dream last night that people were kidnapping chickens and raising them as their children. There were "missing" posters with pictures of chickens on them all over the place, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

The weirdest zombie dream that I can remember was me and a friend fighting of these zombies..I had a gun that didnt work very well and I somehow had to press buttons on an xbox controller to fire..we were getting over whelmed so we legged it out of the room..hazey bit..then I broke through a wall and I was standing above the zombies and on my left there were transformers fighting each other they all hated the zombies so they killed them but the bad transformers wanted us dead aswell:confused:

Last night I had a really weird one..I had just moved to this really big but haunted house..I was sitting on the stairs with two people sitting with me..then I heard this really creepy music(I alwys hear this when something scary is going to happen in a lucid dream)..so to save myself I literally fly down the stairs and swallow the two other people(pretending to evil to the ghosts:confused:) and phase through the front door...
    All of a sudden im arguing with my mam saying im moving out and she starts crying saying 'why are leaving? just because you saw a ghost nun in your room doesnt mean its haunted!' so I move out and get a job in Dunnes Stores!

Long ones I know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I've had this very freaky recurring dream for nearly 4 years:

-In my dream, I wake up on an old-fashioned rusty hospital bed in the middle of this really ramshackled, dirty, grim- encrusted room which is covered in tiles and has a big drain in the floor that's encrusted with what looks like congealed blood, a trail leading away from it towards the door-as if someone has dragged a bloody sack of meat.

The door is huge, made of wroth iron and very old with millions of indentations that could only be made by nails frantically scratching at it. I walk towards the door, following the trail of blood, and tug at the handle.

It immediatly disintergrates and the room dissolves, replaced by a very long winding corridor full of similar-styled iron doors, stretching on into darkness.
    From behind the doors , I can hear garbled noises-some of them are blood-curdling screams, others sound like a baby giggling.

As I follow the trail onward into the darkness, the noise grows faint until it stops completly ad I find myself at the end of the corridor where the only light comes from a crack under a pair of ancient wooden doors.

I've only ever been able to open that that door once.

Inside, it was the same room I'd woken up in except I was looking at myself strapped to the bed with the Grim Reaper standing over me. The "Me" in the bed has been shaved completly bald, looks severely anorexic,has a massive scar on her head that looks like it came off a lobotomy and stares blankly at the ceiling with a a freaky blood-stained smile on her face.

It's actually quite frightening to look at that face- it's like I have no eyelids and my mouth is just gushing blood. O.o

The "Grim Reaper" just stares at me, sighs and shoos me out the door as though I've stumbled across something I'm not meant to see.

That's usually when I wake up.

I've never been clear on the meaning of this dream and although it initially used to scare the living bejesus out of me, these days, I've had it so often that the fear has been replaced with morbid curiousity.

I think it might be my brain's way of trying to show me a repressed memory but maybe it's one I'm not ready to see yet.

Either way, it's a pretty vivid dream and one that I never can forget.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I had a dream once where I was a just and fair King in a pre industrial setting (Sometime after the middle ages, before the industrial revolution) Throughout I spent all my time and energy running back and forth to people in my court, trying to make sure they were happy and catered for. Eventually I went back to my throne room and some person I know was sittingt here smirking at me. I freaked out a bit and then suddenly I was walking around Dublin with only my boxers on, talking to all of my immediate friends and family who just happened to be walking about every building I walked into. Trying to explain my clothes away was weird, because I was confused after thinking I was a fair and just King in some fantasy world... They all looked at me like a wierdo.

Any freudians want to crack that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eh2010

I once had a dream seriously not joking- that I was lying in bed unable to sleep. My mother came into the room and asked me how I was . Told her I couldnt sleep. Next thing i know was I woke up and realised it was a dream. Another dream I had was that I was traveling through time. I was first in the 1850s stuck in a prison cell and had to escape . I had to do several tasks to make it back to the present. After each task I moved on to another period of time. later in the dream i was in 1977 and was in my parents bedroom. I looked out the window and saw my mothers car parked outside - rigged full of explosives ready to blow up. There was a tapwer at my feet leading to the car that Icould lightr and blow it up. I was trying to decide whether Ishould blow it up or not. Cant remember what happened next. In the end I made it back to 2009.

Advertisement