Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the weirdest dream you've ever had..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 artisttobe

I dreamt of my pe teacher in a santa clause suit in May...... Cleaning...
    (p.s. he is about the same size as a body builder!)
    Then I dreamt of him kissing the school's secretary who is 4"9!!!!!
    Then I dreamt of him in a.... tutu...
    You know the thing that ballerinas wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭easyontheeye

alright folks WTF does this mean.

had a dream last night, i was looking down on to a beach, i could see this circular opening in the water about 200 metres from the shoreline. every now and again it would open and close...i thought it was a mouth. and everytime it opened and closed huge waves would spill onto the beach town.

next of all these 7 or 8 aircrafts came flying up and circularing this opening and they started dropping food into it... and the people started cheering on the beach as the opening started to eat it... then when it close its i dunno mouth or whatever, it looked like a huge eye lid was closing over so then it began to look like a giant eye! the dream ended with of the aircrafts crashing into the side of the eye and me flying down to pick the guy up.. i was in one these aircrafts too which i only realised at the end of the dream. ...

am i messed up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

artisttobe wrote: »
    You know the thing that ballerinas wear!
    I bet he was a very masculine and aggressive type of guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

The weirdest most vivid dream I ever had took place after a weekend of extremely heavy drinking at Oxegen 09 (missed most of the bands I wanted to see because of being passed out for half the weekend)

But anyway after I came home I slept for a few hours, woke up, had food, then went back to sleep again. Couldn't sleep for a very long while, then between 4am and 6am it happened.

In my dream, I actually thought I was still awake, as I was still lying on my bed. Many many people I knew just started running into my room through the door and jumping through the closed (second storey) window. They were all kicking and punching me and I could actually feel it which was really fcuked up. They would just run in, hit me and then disappear in order for more people to run in. I think I drifted in and out of consciousness at this stage, waking up for a few seconds groaning and sweating.

But then I was back again, people still running into my room, including one of my friends screaming holding the small two man pink tent I had used for the weekend over his head. After a while all this chaos stopped and I appeared at a music festival not unlike oxegen, however it was spotless clean and there were stripey circus style pavillions everywhere. Everyone around me were wearing those medieval time theatre masks (happy/sad face). Then I just thought to myself "**** this ****! ROCK!", and then everyone suddenly grew really long hair and started head-banging and air-guitaring to some unknown awesome guitar solo. The dream ended sometime after that.

Needless to say it was scary, vivid, freaky and awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

i had one where the moon began falling to the earth and everyone started turning into zombies. Everyone who had implants, the implants started to eat their owners and expand. It was a wonderful gory mess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

had a dream last week that my socks kept turning inside out and i'd have to keep taking them off and could never put them back on right, after 3 1/2 hours i finally woke up..... been paranoid putting on my socks since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Weirdest dream I ever had was when I 15.
    I dreamed there had been some murder of a couple in the woods where Ronan Keating's life is a roller coaster video was filmed and I was a detective who had to investigate.
    On my way to the scene I realised I had no car and I had to push myself along the road with my hands :confused:
    Then I got sidelined and had to investigate an area of grass where two bewitched children lived so I went up to them and one of them was chasing me with a knife. I kept urging myself to wake up and I could see the pattern of my duvet cover in patches, as if I was sitting up with my eyes half open!!!
    Then I was watching a movie version of the murder i'd been trying to solve when the woman who'd been murdered had emerged from the forest to the road (same road where I'd discovered I had no car) and died of multiple stab wounds and burns.
    Then I was watching a documentary about the murder where it turned out the male victim had hired a guy to kill his wife.
    The guy had stabbed the wife loads of times, set fire to the house and she was trying to rescue their baby but the hitman was going to kill her so she ran but he caught her and started raping her :confused: so then the husband said "let me have a go" (i'll never forge those words) but the hitman just turned around and stabbed him!! Then poured petrol in the wound and the forest went on fire.

Needless to say it was quite horrific and graphic and I don't know how my mind even created those images or how they have stayed with me all this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 curlypops

last night i dreamt that i owned i big fluffly orange cat
    this is weird because i hate cats .. but anyway ..:D

i had some notion that i had to put some sort of cream on it so i squeezed some cream on my hand and rubbed it into the cats back ..

i looked away for a second to put the cream on the chair behind me and then glanced back at the cat ..

the cats eyes had turned bright red and were starting to swell up ..
    they kept getting bigger and bigger .. like someone blowing up a balloon too much .. i was sure they were going to burst ..
    so i jumped up on the chair behind me ..
    but then they started to deflate again ..

i was quite scared for the poor wee thing ..

quite strange .. eh?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

Ive had a few weird and freaky dreams over the years, one that I really recall was climbing to the top of the empire state building and flinging myself off trying to fly and I would be able to fly for a few minutes and then start plumiting twords the ground I would start to panick and next thing is I would be flying again and my mind was focused on not dropping twords the ground.

Another one which Ive gotten a few times is being down on a beach and watching my friends and family run into the water to go swimming and I would follow in and then become frozen face up floating just on top of the surface completely unable to move like the last one I would start to really panick.

Another strange one Ive had is being attacked by two pittbulls both really byting hard into me I would then try to fight back from hitting them to actually biting them in the head myself, once I made them back off I would leg it only to be pursued by them and start the fight scene all over again,
    th best dream I eer had was going out with jessica alba when I wooke up I wasent shure for a fw seconds if it was real some bummer when reality hit:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

not really a dream but decided Ill mention this, I woke one morning to find my mother downstairs laughing with her friends I asked whats so funny and they said where are all the planes, after another five minutes of laughter from them and confusion from me my mother told me I was sleepwalking downstairs pointing up in the air saying look at all the planes wow their are so many of them, I refused to go back to bed aswell I insisted on staying put to watch them :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MarcoT8

lcrcboy wrote: »
    not really a dream but decided Ill mention this, I woke one morning to find my mother downstairs laughing with her friends I asked whats so funny and they said where are all the planes, after another five minutes of laughter from them and confusion from me my mother told me I was sleepwalking downstairs pointing up in the air saying look at all the planes wow their are so many of them, I refused to go back to bed aswell I insisted on staying put to watch them :D:D

love the last one you mention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

I have several recurring dreams, but one of the main weirdest ones is im on an airplane and i have an aerial view of it and i can see it going up this road like in a housing estate and not a runway, and it always comes so close to hitting houses, cars and trees but never does, but im always really tense in the dream. the plane never takes off but it is constantly going uphill. i always wake up so frustrated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

I have to tell this dream/nightmare I had last night...

There was a guy trying to kill me and many other people, so I ended up killing him after a long and scary chase between us. There was also a guy who was kind of neutral but was still following us around. He turned on me after I killed the first guy so I stabbed him with a massive butcher knife in the head a few times ( :( )

Some other stuff happened I think, can't really remember.

Then I befriended this giant who I ended up 'going out' with. It was normal that he was a giant in my dream! but... he wanted to kill me too...(?!) At one stage he was going to put me in a little furnace. :( I managed to steer him away from the road to the furnace without him realising I knew, but hurt his feelings coz he thought I just didnt want to spend time with him! I managed to stay with him while also being with my friends.
    Then I had to go home but I decided I wanted to walk instead of have him carry me on his shoulders ( which was normally how we travelled ). We got to this estate which was rather like a shanty town we were walking through it and we were almost at the place where they disposed of dalmations (wtf?!) but I didn't want to go that way coz I thought he was going to kill and dipose of me there.
    It came to six o clock and suddenly everybody in the estate had to eat dinner so we couldn't walk through the streets-it wasnt allowed at this time for some reason! A girl who was on her own in her house saw us hiding behind an oil tank and said we could wait with her til dinner was done... a few of my friends were there and the giant guy was just gone out of the dream. We ate chocolate cake which was cool. The cake and me thinking I have to get home before my mam starts to worry are the last things I remember. I woke up then.

I woke up shaking at one stage, I think that was after I killed the first two guys. Very scary, weird stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

eh2010 wrote: »
    Another dream I had was that I was traveling through time. I was first in the 1850s stuck in a prison cell and had to escape . I had to do several tasks to make it back to the present. After each task I moved on to another period of time. later in the dream i was in 1977 and was in my parents bedroom. I looked out the window and saw my mothers car parked outside - rigged full of explosives ready to blow up. There was a tapwer at my feet leading to the car that Icould lightr and blow it up. I was trying to decide whether Ishould blow it up or not. Cant remember what happened next. In the end I made it back to 2009.

^This one sounds really trippy. I had a dream about time travel a few weeks ago too. I can't remember much of it, but it involved me and a friend getting our hands on this device that was like a photo booth. To time travel you sit in it and concentrate on time travel really hard until it starts vibrating and you feel really fuzzy and weird and the next thing you know, you are in a different time. The only problem was that it could only travel a few weeks through time, so we were going back a few weeks and seeing ourselves as we were then, then travelling back to the present. I can't remember what else happened now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I dreamt last night that Joe Duffy died. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I've been watching my X-Files DVDs constantly for the past month or so, five or six episodes a day. Three times this week I've dreamt that I'm Agent Mulder.

They should stop now. Started watching the first episode of Season 6, couldn't understand what they were talking about, then Google told me that the movie happened that summer. So that's on hiatus 'til I find it.

Stop me when I start rambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

I've had plenty of all weird dreams, pretty cool ones though, but one of the weirdest ones was a few years ago.

I woke up in the middle of the night, you know the way when you're still half asleep, and I couldn't figure out if I was Tony Blair or not...

I had to keep arguing with myself that I wasn't but then I kept thinking I was and I had to get to Westminister the next morning for a cabinet meeting and if I didn't get back to sleep I'd be very tired for the meeting. So queue me being in Westminister and I was in the middle of their parliamentary hearing and all the ministers were shouting and arguing. I was getting píssed off at this point because they were being really loud and I still had to get back to bed so I could get up early for the cabinet meeting...even though I was already there, but it's a dream so they never make sense. None of the ministers would shut up so the only way I vould quieten them was to pull out an M-16 and shoot them. Can't remember anything else... I think I just went back to sleep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

I've had PLENTY of weird dreams in my time, but this one beats them all...

So there's these junkies chasing me around Firhouse, for reasons I do not know, as I don't even live there! Anyway, they're chasing me around and around this one road and when I try to run I keep falling, I ring my dad while they're chasing me asking him to come collect me from Firhouse, and he says he'll send the dog to come save me. Yes.. the dog! :confused:

So I keep running 'til I realise I could knock on someones door to let me in while I wait, so then I end up in some randomers house, waiting in the porch. Then my dog (which I don't even own in real life), a Golden Labrador comes running down the road to get me. I hop on it's back and then the dog turns into an iPod!!

Not a physical iPod, but a hologram of all my music hovers over the dog, so I crank up the tunes while the dog rushes me back home down the m50, while the junkies chase after us.

Strangest dream ever. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

...a Golden Labrador comes running down the road to get me. I hop on it's back and then the dog turns into an iPod!!

Hahaha, that made me laugh. Ah some dreams can be plain old weird.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I've had PLENTY of weird dreams in my time, but this one beats them all...

So there's these junkies chasing me around Firhouse, for reasons I do not know, as I don't even live there! Anyway, they're chasing me around and around this one road and when I try to run I keep falling, I ring my dad while they're chasing me asking him to come collect me from Firhouse, and he says he'll send the dog to come save me. Yes.. the dog! :confused:

So I keep running 'til I realise I could knock on someones door to let me in while I wait, so then I end up in some randomers house, waiting in the porch. Then my dog (which I don't even own in real life), a Golden Labrador comes running down the road to get me. I hop on it's back and then the dog turns into an iPod!!

Not a physical iPod, but a hologram of all my music hovers over the dog, so I crank up the tunes while the dog rushes me back home down the m50, while the junkies chase after us.

lol!

An old one.
    My brothers, sister, friends and I versus an equal number of vampires in a weird really vivid dream. Like real. We were in some sort of samurai sword warehouse and so guess the weapons that were used. The two strongest vampires used quarterstaffs though. In the end it was me and a brother left alive and those two vampires(quite a violent death for the rest of my friends and I have talked to them and informed them all of how they died...). One of them a cool woman in a rockin' trench coat said ''I smell death about you'' as the four of us squared up. We charged fought for a moment and I forgot the rest
    This may have to do with the fact that I used to roleplay as a ventrue vampire(cough) at my friends house and that I own a samurai sword ?
    Yes, that was a weird dream and well lets just say it was rather violent. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

a cool woman in a rockin' trench coat said ''I smell death about you''

Hahaha, strange!. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I once had a dream i was in a cottage in the middle of a forest.I Could smell things like old wood as if i was there,candle lighting.It was vivid.I could see wooden cabinets and a stove.Looked out the window and felt a sense of fear.I walked into the bedroom and there was a four poster brass bed with patch work blanket red and navy squares.I could smell the candle burning and the fire was lighting in a stone fire place.I walked over to the bed a jewelery box on the cabinet beside the bed.I felt a sense of fear and worry and turned to the empty pillow on the bed and punched it over and over again.I woke up and was hitting my pillow :D

Another one was i was sleeping on sofa in my house and i woke up to the back door been open and a mist floating around the back garden.I made my way to the hallway as i was afraid for my family.But before i could make it up the stairs i felt great fear and all of sudden a grave stone floated in air down the stairs.I woke up on the sofa and back door was open when i got up to check :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hugsandkisses

My dream was when i dream of my Mothers funeral .

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I dreamt last night that Satan was in my dream and I got him angry. His eyes turned red and he was pissed off, he didn't do anything though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

I dreamt last night that Puff Daddy or whatever name he is going by now was trying to kill me because I was an alien but he had to stop half way through because he had really bad heartburn:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I had a dream last week that Danny from The Shining and the guy who kept saying "I want to play a game" in Saw were chasing me on thier tricycles. and the guy from Saw kep saying "I want to play a game" and Danny kept saying "Redrum redrum." How odd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I dreamt last night that Puff Daddy or whatever name he is going by now was trying to kill me because I was an alien but he had to stop half way through because he had really bad heartburn:eek:

Ha ha ha ha ha! That's random! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Marthaa

I had a really weird dream last night:

I was at a sort of grads cermony with the Leaving Certs from my school, even though I don't know anyone of them that well. Me and this other girl were sitting seperate from the crowd and nobody could see her and thought I was a little crazy for thinking she was sitiing beside me. Miles from Home and Away was our teacher? We got the train home by which time I had changed into aload of punky clothes (we had all been dressed in evening wear). The train crashed and we were all screaming and being covered in smoke. The train driver came on the intercom and assured us there was nothing wrong and turned on song from the band train. Everyone got up and slow danced around the carriage. I then got carried out of the train by Miles and he threw me down an escalator. When I landed, I woke up with a bump in my bed. So random.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

Once I dreamt that a Mexican in swim shorts was tryinmg to hose water into my house through all the windows. So I was running around my house trying to close all the windows before the Mexican got to them! And then he turned into a black guy dressed as a giraffe from the cast of The Lion King.

And i dreamt that I blowdryed my eye and ended up burning it. The skin peeled off it like the skin on a boiled egg with the pupil on it and all, and all water was gushing out of my eye and when I woke up, I thought I was blind:o

OH and THENN i had a dream about goldfish living in a very palacial kind of room (it was one of the conference rooms from the hotel I worked at)filled with water, and one of them was callled Cordelia Queen Of The Goldfish (WTF)and she was purple and then the Lost City Of Atlantis was like, at the other end of the room in the ocean (which was bathed in a green light), and then a kids birthday party broke the massive windows in the room so all the water gushed out and the goldfish turned into kids dressed as tigers who were sitting on a couch covered in spikes..........

hahahah and no Im not on drugs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

Here are two of the weirdest dreams I had that will stay with me forever.

1. I dreamt one night that I stepped on a little dog and killed it. I felt the bones being crushed in my foot and everything; the weirdest/most disturbing part was that I was doing it on purpose. I have a little terrier and love animals so I would never ever do it.

2. I also dreamt that I was sitting on a couch on the back of a bus with a friend and a little boy who's face kept changing and morphing into a different faces, then two girls asked me specifically if I had cigarettes or any cadbury's eclairs and I pulled out the end of a packet with exactly 3 eclairs in it.

I got off the bus at my friends house and the gate to his house was broken, his front door was broken and all the locks in his house were broken. his mother came to the door but it was not his mother but some hot chick posing as his mother so I played along with it because she was hot.

She invited us in and asked me to fix the locks, so I fixed them while my little no face friend and my mate watched the TV, when I had finished she brought us tea and cakes and started swooning all over me. so we went out into the kitchen and she started kissing me and said you know why I'm doing this? and pointed to a picture of a man with no face.

She freaked out and said her husband was coming and told me to hide in the toilet (the lock on the toilet was broken too) I went in and there was a door to another room and the lock fell out when I opened it. So I came back in and she was out in the hall talking to this fella who was speaking German that was apparently her husband, so I went back in a few moments later a giant tortoise with a long neck like a snake came bounding through the door like a Labrador pup running along. My no face little friend came in after it and I tried to pet the tortoise and it shrivelled up into a husk and I asked him what's going on and he said that happens from time to time and I woke up.

I'd like to see sigmund freud figure that one out.

Advertisement