Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help my phone has gone kaput !!!

• 28-06-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Need serious help. My E71 is on the blink. Since last night i have been trying to turn on my phone, put in my pin code and then my phone brings up a message saying
    - phone startup failed contact retailer -
    any suggestions apart from the obvious of contacting my retailer? I have never seen this before on my phone so any help would be gratefully appreciated !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The only thing I can think of is to do a hard reset but that will erase everything on the phone

On the N95 the way to do it is hold the *, 3 and green buttons while turning it on so it'll probably be the same on yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

See if pc suite 'recognises' it. If so: do a fw update. (if it says 'no new fw', just redo current version)...
    Hope you backed up regularly?!!! To pc or memcard?! Cause either way your phone memory's prolly 'corrupted'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm back in operation, seems that my memory card is corrupt so took that out. Phone is working perfectly again so thanks

Advertisement