Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIGHT NIGHT 4 SUCKS

• 28-06-2009 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Got the game yesterday and I'm not happy at all - as a big fan of FN3 I was expecting it to a much better version of that game but its actually a totally different game altogether.

Counter punching? - thats been taken out of the game
    Signature Punches? - So slow now that its useless to throw one
    Skipping back & forth? - thats been taken out of the game
    Taunting an apponent? - thats been taken out of the game
    Getting back up off the floor? - nee on impossible after been ko'd twice
    Repairing wounds between rounds? - replaced with a silly points system
    Haymaker analog system? - gone you have to hold down R2 to throw one
    Near naked round girls? - they are now fully clothed (WTF?)

Dont get me wrong the game LOOKS AMAZING but the new fighting system sucks ass - its basically designed for analog stick mashers i.e. just bang away on the controls and hope for the best. FN3 allowed you to use your skills to win fights but as I said its the people who bang on the controls the most that win the fights now. I got killed playing this online by people who just jabbed and jabbed non stop (its very hard to get away from an apponent now but you can PUSH them away but that drains your stamina big time. Anyway I'll be returning the game and getting a refund and going back to FN3 - the superior version.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Oasis44 wrote: »
    Getting back up off the floor? - nee on impossible after been ko'd twice.

I thought this was the case with 3, that on the 3rd time you get knocked down it was rare that you actually got up.
    Anyway I'll be returning the game and getting a refund and going back to FN3 - the superior version.

Hope you've a good excuse for getting a refund as not liking a game doesn't warrant a shop in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Oasis44

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I thought this was the case with 3, that on the 3rd time you get knocked down it was rare that you actually got up

Ever here of the 3 knock down rule:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ever here of the 3 knock down rule:rolleyes:

You do realise that rule applies to 3 knock downs in a round and not an entire fight? I mentioned that getting knocked down 3 times in a fight and getting back up from the 3rd was nigh on impossible in FNR3.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    You do realise that rule applies to 3 knock downs in a round and not an entire fight? I mentioned that getting knocked down 3 times in a fight and getting back up from the 3rd was nigh on impossible in FNR3.

FYI - if you repaired yourself manually between rounds in FN3 then you could potentially get up off the floor up to a max of 5 times over the course of the fight. It was rare of course but it could be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Oasis44 wrote:
    Counter punching? - thats been taken out of the game
    What? Counter punching is very much in the game! They simply got rid of the way to easy parry system. Its harder but alot more realistic.
    Signature Punches? - So slow now that its useless to throw one

The signature punches are actually really good this time. If you hold the button they will hold the punch back. You can cancel it aswell so can bring a bit of tactics to the table.
    Skipping back & forth? - thats been taken out of the game
    Not sure what ya mean by this?
    Taunting an apponent? - thats been taken out of the game

Didnt notice this to be honest.
    Getting back up off the floor? - nee on impossible after been ko'd twice

Yep agree with ya on this one. If you go down twice thats usually it. To hard get back up.
    Repairing wounds between rounds? - replaced with a silly points system

Not sure on this myself to be honest. I quite liked the cutman from fnr3
    Haymaker analog system? - gone you have to hold down R2 to throw one

More realistic to be honest, just takes a bit more timing to actually throw one now.
    Near naked round girls? - they are now fully clothed (WTF?)

Im sure wel get over it!

• Advertisement

The Skipping I refered to was in FN3 - if you tapped the analog stick twice to the left or right your boxer would 'skip' back or forth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

ive heard nothing but bad things about it. im a big fan of fnr3 but apparantly 4 is noobified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I haven't played this yet but I've rented it tonight for a week since I've been hearing odd reports on it and didn't want to risk buying it. FN3 was awesome, I really hope they haven't messed the system up to much in order to just make it look better. Will give it a go tonight and see how it goes, fingers crossed though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Jazzy wrote:
    ive heard nothing but bad things about it. im a big fan of fnr3 but apparantly 4 is noobified
    orestes wrote:
    I really hope they haven't messed the system up to much in order to just make it look better.
    Why, that's just like what they did to Street Fighter 3->4! :p

I'm the OP and I have to say after a few hours playin it it definitely gets better. People like myself who loved FN3 will just have to realise this is
    a different version of the game and that the control system has been changed (whether thats for the good or bad will be up to you)

The big thing I dont like about it is that your opponent can smother you and it can be tough to get away from them. To be fair the big selling point of this game is the inside fighting and you can push your opponent away but thats at the expense of your stamina. That said all other areas of the game have been vastly improved specifically the legacy and online modes. I only play the game online and all the faults of FN3 (there were loads) have been fixed, the big one being the connection no longer gets cut JUST BEFORE you are about to fight which was the main problem with 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Gonna rent this for a week tonght and see how I get on. Have been looking forward to it for a long time and a little concerned over the bad reviews!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Advertisement