Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any comeback on Ecco trainers?

Options
  • 28-06-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I bought a pair of Ecco trainers about a month ago and wore them for the first time last night on a walk. I was expecting them to be super comfortable, but I found as I walked that they rubbed the back of my heels very badly and have left me with two huge blisters on the back of my heels.

I checked the inside, and there doesn't seem to be a fault in them like a prominant seam, they just seem to be an uncomfortable pair of shoes. I did try them on in the shop and they seemed fine at the time, the problem only arose after walking for a few minutes. They fit perfectly so it isn't that they are rubbing because they are too big/small. Do you think I would have any comeback if I tried to bring them back? Like I said, there isn't an obvious fault I can point out, but the whole point of me buying Ecco was that they have such a good reputation for being comfy.

I so regret wearing them outside rather than testing them inside first, but they seemed so comfy, I really didn't forsee that I would have a problem. What do you guys think? Worth my while trying to return them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Not a chance, its your responsibility to check for this matter before purchasing.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They may be comfy but they are also brand new and need to adjust to your foot. TBH, no matter how expensive or comfortable any pair of shoes is, I'd still expect a wearing in period.

I don't think you have any comeback on this, but you can try.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I personally don't see how you have any comeback here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Unless you can show them to be faulty you probably have no case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They will need to be broken in to the natural contours of your own feet so blisters can be expected. I would recommend walking around the house in them as often as you can while wearing socks until they feel "worn".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

even runners need to be broken in; o had a pair of Vans last year that hurt like hell the first time i wore them, a week later they were grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks guys for all the replies. I guess I will try to break them in a bit more and hope for the best. Hope they get a bit more comfortable, very disappointing as they weren't cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You can get heal grips that stick on the inside and stop the shoe rubbing. Also invest in some blister plasters to heal the blisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i had a similar issue with a pair of shoes before, i couldn't break them in as they ripped my heel to pieces.
    the shoes were similar to a pair i had bought in the same shop before and were the same size. they fitted fine in the shop.
    i brought them back to the shop, store manager told me that they would have exchanged them except there was a scuff on the sole where i had worn them.
    i countered that
    a) the only way they wouldnt be scuffed was if i hadnt worn them and i could not have found out about the issue if i hadn't worn them

they wouldnt accomodate me as a goodwill gesture so i made the additonal points that -

b) it is unreasnable to have 2 large gashes after 2-3 hours of wear
    c) that this type of injury, to me, indicated a fault in the shoe and that i felt entitled to a refund / replacement / repair

they wouldnt budge so i lodged a complaint with the SCC.

it cost me 16eu, but i got the 80eu cost of the shoes back and the satisfaction of knowing i was in the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭catch88

subway wrote: »
    a) the only way they wouldnt be scuffed was if i hadnt worn them and i could not have found out about the issue if i hadn't worn them

.....and the satisfaction of knowing i was in the right.

Most shoe shops suggest you try them on carpet/indoors first. So your point is flawed. Had you tried them on carpet you wouldn't have scuffed them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

catch88 wrote: »
    Most shoe shops suggest you try them on carpet/indoors first. So your point is flawed. Had you tried them on carpet you wouldn't have scuffed them.
    i did try them on in the shop first...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

It all depends on the shop - it will cost you nothing to ask.

I bough a pair of Ecco shoes in Jan 08 and the stitching on the upper burst open in November 08 - Brought them back to the shop with no receipt and they were of the same opinion of me that Ecco shoes should not get damaged like that, end result got a credit note for the full amount. I wasn't epxecting anything but you don't until you ask. The shop in question obviously had a good relationship with Ecco as a reseller

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ecco Shoes Disaster

Hi, I'm having a problem getting my money back on Ecco shoes bought for my daughter - they damaged her feet the first day she wore them and I brought them straight back. Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Are the shoes defective? How do you prove this and that the defect caused lasting damage? Most shoes are uncomfortable at first, perhaps she needs a bigger size. Some are narrow fitting, some wide, some are tight, some not so etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Edit; removed my comments, old thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement