Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lens dilemma - What should I do?

• 28-06-2009 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

This has probably been asked a thousand times, but I have ordered a 17-40mm f4L through my job, but its not too late to cancel as the order hasn't been dispatched yet. I've come across someone selling a 17-55 f2.8 IS, still in warranty at a good price. Now I don't know what to do. I'll need to cancel the order for the 17-40 in the morning at the latest if I'm to go for the 17-55.
    I know the 17-55 has a wider aperture, longer focal range and IS BUT the 17-40 has L quality glass and is probably much better built. Help, which lens would be better to go for? Please advise...

Note: I'm using a 400d with no plans to go full frame for a long time.

Thank you,

Mick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Is it the Canon 17-55 2.8 IS?

If it is, I'd cancel the 17-40 and go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Is it the Canon 17-55 2.8 IS?

If it is, I'd cancel the 17-40 and go for it.

Yeah Fajitas, its the F2.8 IS. I'll ammend the original post to state that.

Thanks.

Advertisement