Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing grout

Options
  • 28-06-2009 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Possible or not. I want to remove grout which was beige and replace with grey.

There is a new tiny circular saw with appropiate blade just come onto the market. It is suggested in the promo that this grout job is just up its street. Saw is by "JML" and heavily promoed at B&q at the moment.

Any thoughts. Saw 100 euro. Replacement blades assorted 36 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 lpm

IF you have a steady hand you could try using a small grinder with thin blade but all depends on on width of your grout lines

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

time lord wrote: »
    Possible or not. I want to remove grout which was beige and replace with grey.

There is a new tiny circular saw with appropiate blade just come onto the market. It is suggested in the promo that this grout job is just up its street. Saw is by "JML" and heavily promoed at B&q at the moment.

Any thoughts. Saw 100 euro. Replacement blades assorted 36 euro.

Yes buy it going to get one soon it will Cut timber and metal also
    Clean out ugly grout . I have a load of grout to do. On thr dole so it will be a few weeks before i get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Autorotation

Have you much to do? A far less expensive and very easy way is to buy a small grout remover saw (B&Q, Woodies, any builders providers). Get the one with jagged blades. They cut through grout very quickly but you'll need a few replacement blades as they wear down. Also use a pair of gloves to prevent blisters!... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Have you much to do? A far less expensive and very easy way is to buy a small grout remover saw (B&Q, Woodies, any builders providers). Get the one with jagged blades. They cut through grout very quickly but you'll need a few replacement blades as they wear down. Also use a pair of gloves to prevent blisters!... :-)

Havn't come accross one, any brands, are they just called grout removing saws. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You don't have to remove the old Grout, as long as it is sound you can get a product that just covers the old grout with a new colour.
    Saves a lot of work.
    B+Q sell it, it is made by Henckels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Autorotation

You could try that but I'd be skeptical about its endurance... If u want it done properly and worry-free I'd still remove the old grout and re-grout (which is very easy). Lots of brand names for those jagged tooth grout saws. They cost around 3 Euro or so and go through grout like butter!... Don't buy the carbide grout saws, much more work involved!...

Advertisement