Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationship Issues Forum

Options
  • 28-06-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

I am probably the only one who thinks this and will be vilified for it but does anyone else think posts from here should show up on the main page.

I have nothing against the forum, the premise, the mods it just seems abit risky having the likes of "Can't get my gf to come?" appearing on the main page, some threads seem to be bordering on something for Sex and Sexuality Forum.

Just some feedback.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I see that on the front page it would probably be the thread I'd read first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

If it shouldn't be on the front page then it shouldn't be on the site. There's a thread in LL about sex while having your period, that's abit risky. Boards.ie isn't a site children should be allowed use unsupervised and adults should grow a thicker skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The word anal is stared out if it shows up in a thread title on the front page.
    If you don't want to see threads form RI on the front page then set it to select and show only the forums you are subscribed to.

From a PI/RI mod point of view descriptive thread titles are better then seeing a head of threads all entitled help, need advice, don't know what to do, what next please advise.
    Cos that is just head wrecking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Chong wrote: »
    I am probably the only one who thinks this and will be vilified for it but does anyone else think posts from here should show up on the main page.

I have nothing against the forum, the premise, the mods it just seems abit risky having the likes of "Can't get my gf to come?" appearing on the main page, some threads seem to be bordering on something for Sex and Sexuality Forum.

Just some feedback.

Chong, I had a similar thread last week on this. Basically the mods seem to be of the opinion that posts of a sexual nature can go elsewhere so long as they have a reason. E.g, if it's sexual and a personal issue for someone, then it can go in PI.
    Of if it's sexual in nature and the poster is female, then it can go in The Ladies Lounge.

I disagree, but there you go.

http://www.boards.ie//vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055598914

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just some feedback.

I dunno - I think that PI/RI is supposed to have some anonymity and privacy about it, henceforth stuff doesn't come up on the front page jumping up at people.
    Be like other forums that don't show up on the main page, they have their reasons. PI/RI is personal awkward stuff, if you want it there, you post it there.
    tLL is shown on the front page because its Ladies Lounge stuff, and people are aware that posting there is less private perhaps. Same if you post stuff in other forums, you're aware it will be more public.

I don't have an issue with them not showing up on the front page.
    May I ask why you feel they should?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

star-pants wrote: »
    I dunno - I think that PI/RI is supposed to have some anonymity and privacy about it, henceforth stuff doesn't come up on the front page jumping up at people.
    Be like other forums that don't show up on the main page, they have their reasons. PI/RI is personal awkward stuff, if you want it there, you post it there.
    tLL is shown on the front page because its Ladies Lounge stuff, and people are aware that posting there is less private perhaps. Same if you post stuff in other forums, you're aware it will be more public.

I don't have an issue with them not showing up on the front page.
    May I ask why you feel they should?
    I think its because of the nature of the Title , you dont see S&S Forum threads appearing on the front page.

I think this thread lends itself to Sleipnirs thread he linked.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Did you mean shouldn't?

Faith wrote: »
    Did you mean shouldn't?
    It was more of question as to why they should be appearing, so ya maybe I should have said "Shouldnt". ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What's the point in having a Sex & Sexuality forum for subscribers if randomers are allowed to open similar threads anonomously in RI/PI?

What's the point in having a Sex & Sexuality forum for subscribers if randomers are allowed to open similar threads anonomously in RI/PI?

+1. That's what I said!

"How to have Strap-on sex" would belong in the S&S forum but if the poster says
    "I don't know how to have strap-on sex, Help me" it's a PI!

• Advertisement

Sleipnir wrote: »
    +1. That's what I said!

Ok well as much as I agree on that , thats not my point here, but it would be wrong seeing such threads appear on the main page with explicit thread titles.

Ok well as much as I agree on that , thats not my point here, but it would be wrong seeing such threads appear on the main page with explicit thread titles.

True, sorry for dragging it off-topic.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sleipnir wrote: »
    +1. That's what I said!

Any thread referring to strap-on sex would be moved to S&S, regardless of whether the OP was looking for help or not. Certain sexual topics, like erectile dysfunction for example, are genuine personal/relationship issues and are better suited to PI/RI. A thread about what to do with your newly restored erection after overcoming your ED difficulties would be one for S&S. Context and how graphic the subject matter is likely to get will generally determine whether the thread is moved or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zaph wrote: »
    Context and how graphic the subject matter is likely to get will generally determine whether the thread is moved or not.

Most definitely. In fairness, there isn't as much crossover between RI and S&S as people might think.

Personally, I have no problem with RI thread titles appearing on the front page. In fact, I think that if they are not present then the forum loses prominence. Remember that we set it up to divert threads of a certain type away from PI, we need to keep that awareness of two different (yet related) forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NeedAnonAdvice

hey so i just joined today and have a relationship or lack of problem ,that needs figuring but im not sure how to start a thread :/:/ do i just post here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

blackaluse wrote: »
    hey so i just joined today and have a relationship or lack of problem ,that needs figuring but im not sure how to start a thread :/:/ do i just post here?

Click this link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=1174

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

blackaluse wrote: »
    Yes. Yes you do. With pics.

Advertisement