Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 30-06 most accurate round?

Options
  • 28-06-2009 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

does anyone have experience withthe above gun and if so I would be interested in getting there opinions on what round they use for accuracy?
    Is there a certain round that this gun likes as in trajectory and wind drift?
    I am going to try remington's 150g core lokt and hornady's 165g interbond.
    Cheers, Reddevil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

i know its expensive, but buy as many different boxes of ammo as you can and head to the range and see ,try different bullet weights too, its the only way really , to be honest i'd be surprised if it doesn't shoot great with everything you put through it , tikka have a fantastic reputation for accuracy and the barrels are made on exactly the same machinery as the more expensive sakos are in finland .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 reddevilstu

thanks m8,

what range is the best? I've heard midlands is very good but it's a fair trek from Wicklow, are there any good ranges nearer to me?
    thanks gor the info, gotta head off now, I'm going to see AC/DC,
    ROCK ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

i have a sako 85 in 30.06, similar enough piece of hardware, used federal fusion 150gr last year with great success, 100% kill rate, im trying Norma 150gr ballistic tip now shortly, used them i other calibres and found them the best bullet, i would be surprised if they dont work out in the sako

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

what range is the best? I've heard midlands is very good but it's a fair trek from Wicklow, are there any good ranges nearer to me?
    There are a fair few ranges in Wicklow, but as far as I know, none of them currently cater for fullbore rifle shooting.
    Again, as far as I know, the closest range to Wicklow that can handle 30.06 is indeed Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Would I be right in saying that Midlands is members only for centrefires?

• Advertisement

i have a sako 85 in 30.06, similar enough piece of hardware, used federal fusion 150gr last year with great success, 100% kill rate, im trying Norma 150gr ballistic tip now shortly, used them i other calibres and found them the best bullet, i would be surprised if they dont work out in the sako

thanks for the advice, i will get a few different boxes and organise a trip to midlands and let you know how I get on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Jonty wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that Midlands is members only for centrefires?

Yes, but ring J.P. Craven on 0868232641 E-mail: jpcraven@eircom.net and talk to him. He will give you any options available.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

ezridax wrote: »
    Yes, but ring J.P. Craven on 0868232641 E-mail: jpcraven@eircom.net and talk to him. He will give you any options available.

thanks I will contact him before I plan to go and see what the requirements are.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

Why not check all on your hunting area?

Advertisement