Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Texts!!

• 28-06-2009 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Have a quick query:D
    An ex of mine has scheduled hourly texts to my phone from his O2 webtext?!The first few were funny but now they are getting reallly annoying:mad:
    Is there anyway I can stop them myself or do I have to wait until he runs out of this monthly limit of webtexts?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

* Have you asked him to stop?
    * If you're on O2 they're launching a new service where you can block SMS from particular numbers. Not sure if it's out yet, thought it was ment to be this month.
    * If you have a Samsung some allow you block SMS from particular numbers.
    * If you have a Symbian then you can get applications which block for you.
    * I would also suggest reporting it to O2 and to the Gardai if (when) they can't do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Random wrote: »
    * Have you asked him to stop?
    * If you're on O2 they're launching a new service where you can block SMS from particular numbers. Not sure if it's out yet, thought it was ment to be this month.
    * If you have a Samsung some allow you block SMS from particular numbers.
    * If you have a Symbian then you can get applications which block for you.
    * I would also suggest reporting it to O2 and to the Gardai if (when) they can't do anything.

Have asked him to stop but have gotten nowhere!
    I had rang O2 yesterday but they said he has to be the one to stop them, which is a bit crazy?!The 250 texts for this month must be close to running out by now....

Report it to the Gardai. Honestly I wouldn't expect it to be top of their list but still.

What network are you on? What handset do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

spudz21 wrote: »
    Have asked him to stop but have gotten nowhere!
    I had rang O2 yesterday but they said he has to be the one to stop them, which is a bit crazy?!The 250 texts for this month must be close to running out by now....

They wont stop after then 250, they will continue but he will be charged for them. Thats a good thing tho because he might stop them when he realises he is being charged for them

Just got onto O2 again, was talking to a different operator this time, and she said I can block the number:D:D
    It involves sending two texts or something, the first to activate blocking and then the second to block a paticular number, bit complicated but I'll give it a go.Thanks

• Advertisement

spudz21 wrote: »
    Just got onto O2 again, was talking to a different operator this time, and she said I can block the number:D:D
    It involves sending two texts or something, the first to activate blocking and then the second to block a paticular number, bit complicated but I'll give it a go.Thanks
    This is probably what she's referring to. It's a recently new thing and it's the "new service" from O2 I was trying to think of in the other post.

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Services/Messaging/Text+messaging/Block+It/

Yea, thats it:D
    Well, I've sent off the text to block the number so a bit of peace and quiet finally:phehe
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

call the guards, he sounds creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

All he will do is start again on a new number from a disposable SIM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

report it to the gardai, including the date you told him to stop, ask them to note it on file so if it gets any worse its not the first they've heard of it.
    take a note of every contact he tries to make with you.
    it'll pay off if you need to report him.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the concern:)
    He is heading off travelling at the end of this month so I'm sure he'll have other things on his mind then!?He's a bit of a messer so I'm not too worried:p
    Thanks anyway!

Advertisement