Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarians

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Phew, nearly had some wrath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Where in Berlin is this jelly shop you speak of?! How did I miss this when I was there very very recently???????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I actually can't remember. Our tour guide brought us. I think it's kinda near Alexanderplatz... I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Aoifums wrote: »
    I actually can't remember. Our tour guide brought us. I think it's kinda near Alexanderplatz... I think

big group of veggies wondering round berlin like zombies saying 'want jellies, want jellies'

We would so find it. I kept the bag from the shop! It's buried in my room somewhere.

I actually feel sorry for the OP. We totally hijacked his/her thred :p

• Advertisement

We would so find it. I kept the bag from the shop! It's buried in my room somewhere.

I actually feel sorry for the OP. We totally hijacked his/her thred :p

ah they can come too to make up for it! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

Mayoegian wrote: »
    I just want to say, that I have great respect for all vegetarians. Giving up meat and fish is such a huge task, and it baffles me how each of ye do it! All of ye should be so proud and WELL DONE for doing this!!!:D:D

YE'RE SUPERB!!!:)

Could I say that it was certainly no huge task for me. The day (as a teenager) that I discovered that you do not have to eat meat to survive was one of the happiest of my life. I hated eating it and now my brain does not even register it as food.

We'd have to live off jellies over there. It was a bitch to find veg*n foods :(

We'd have to live off jellies over there. It was a bitch to find veg*n foods :(

really?? i thought theyd be way better than here!
    although living off jellies is kinda tempting ;)

Mentalmiss wrote: »
    Could I say that it was certainly no huge task for me. The day (as a teenager) that I discovered that you do not have to eat meat to survive was one of the happiest of my life. I hated eating it and now my brain does not even register it as food.

yea i wouldnt register it at all, i only notice when people say 'well do u eat (example) tuna?' etc. and they dont understand what i eat, only then do i realise the huge difference between my diet and theirs! lol

it comes natural to you pretty quickly. :)

• Advertisement

maameeo wrote: »
    really?? i thought theyd be way better than here!
    although living off jellies is kinda tempting ;)

No way. The only German food we ate was sausages... :(
    Big German sausages :D:p

No way. The only German food we ate was sausages... :(
    Big German sausages :D:p

come to think of it thats all i had too!
    vegetarian wurst, twas nice but not an everyday food lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Kiddynamite

Went to this place in Berlin: http://www.yellow-sunshine.com/ brilliant, mock everything pretty much and they sell all their mock meat frozen so you can cook it yourself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Woah, great menu! Would love to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Eviecus

Wow, I was in Berlin earlier this year and I missed it too!!! I want jellies!!!! I will have to find out where it is and get some! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Oh and I ordered some of the haribos from the vegan store too!! They're delish! It's great to have jellies again! and some cinemas do have those strawberry jellies but be careful because some contain cochineal (E120) which is disgustingly disgusting! Omni and UCI have some other jellies too! Some are hard ones and some are soft...man I'm overdue a trip to the cinema. Wonder would they let me in to use the shop and leave...

I've heard some of the strawberrry jellies at picnmix/cinema are ok too, must find out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Kiddynamite

Jaysis I'd no idea that some harbio are now approved by the vegetarian society, that's deadly!

http://www.vegsoc.org/press/2009/haribo.html

Jaysis I'd no idea that some harbio are now approved by the vegetarian society, that's deadly!

ye I had a pack of haribo after i became veggie in my room for liek a year tempting me haha. I was strong! Gave them away anyway.
    happy they are back for eatin'! Now fix cafe noir biscuits and poptarts...and make a veggie cornbeef!

WOOHOOOO!!!!

That is legend!

What could they possible put in Cafe Noir to make them non veggie? ~grumpyhead~

Advertisement