Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revisiting old tracks

Options
  • 28-06-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

I wonder if anyone has successfully revamped a shelved half finished track to release quality?

I'd be interested on how that worked? I have a track that was at end of April the state of where I was production-wise. I counted about 30 tracks in cubase in all & when I loaded it up to see if I could do anything with it due to lack of inspiration a few weeks ago I shuddered at the thought of trying to sort it out.

I messed, pushed , re-wrote, scrapped , reloaded, re-wrote, scrapped, tried everything I knew for weeks to do something with it & no joy.. then after serious lack of sleep due to my daughter deciding that 6am was up time & then bulmers after she left, suddenly things just started making sense & with copious amounts of delete & re-add, it seems to be coming together much much easier..

be interested in any similar stories and whether people can just turn on the composition / production tap & produce clear water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Yeah, i'd spend years going over old material and recycling it ;) - sometimes easy, sometimes hard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rayzercork

i try it whenever my ideas dry up and try remake the same song in a different genre and see what becomes of it. just finished a remade idea last week actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭crowdcontrol

I'm never completely happy with anything, i'm always revisiting mixes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

I reckon the only song i've ever been really happy with has been one that i came back to after about 4 months away from it, happy days :)

Advertisement