Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jari Matti Latvala's place at Ford

• 28-06-2009 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=5444&desc=Distraught%20Latvala%20fears%20the%20worst

Well rally heads will Jari Matti keep his place at Ford? He is an amazing driver but he really does make some f**kups and this has to have been his biggest. As we said before there is a real bit of McRae about him but will Wilson give him the same chances that D Richards gave McRae. He has some real talent but needs to learn when to slow down and to always keep full concentration, super special or not.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=5447&desc=Ford%20team%20boss%20throws%20Latvala%20a%20lifeline

Well looks like he has been given another chance at least for Finland anyway. I really hope he gets it together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

If it wasn't for the likes of McCrae and Vatinen before him, Latvala would definitely have gotten his P45 after this Poland mess. Only for the fact that the other 2 guys managed to win championships, and Jarri Matti is so similar in his driving style, I don't think he'd still be on the team for Finland.

The poll on the wrc site is almost split straight down the middle on whether or not he deserves to keep his place on the team.

Can't say I envy Malcom Wilson trying to justify his decision to keep faith in Latvala if any of the top brass question him on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Top Dog wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the likes of McCrae and Vatinen before him, Latvala would definitely have gotten his P45 after this Poland mess. Only for the fact that the other 2 guys managed to win championships, and Jarri Matti is so similar in his driving style, I don't think he'd still be on the team for Finland.

The poll on the wrc site is almost split straight down the middle on whether or not he deserves to keep his place on the team.

Can't say I envy Malcom Wilson trying to justify his decision to keep faith in Latvala if any of the top brass question him on it.

I voted that he deserved his place on the team. I would give him until the end of the championship to get his act together because if he does Hirvonen and himself will make a very strong team. I know the manufacturers title is important to ford this year but I reckon it could be worth the gamble to have a very strong team for next year that can really challenge Citroen for the manufacturers title.

If Latvala does lose his seat I would love to see Petter or even Gigi get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I am a big fan of JML, lovely guy, great driving style & should one day be a champion.

Unfortunately I would have to fire him if it were up to me after yesterday's dreadfully supid & needless mess...for me it's the straw that (should have) broke the camel's back...I couldn't believe my eyes!

I'd say his drive is now on a rally-to-rally basis only & sponsorship could be dangling by a thread too.

Bring back Marcus...he bored in retirement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

he brings money with him to the ford camp ;) its not as easy to fire him... but id say that could dry up soon...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

i know there keeping him till finland now, but as a life long ford fan i would hav fired him yesterday ,while there still a chance in the manufacturers. how many chance can a guy get:mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

afatbollix wrote: »
    he brings money with him to the ford camp ;) its not as easy to fire him... but id say that could dry up soon...

he brings 1million + and all his sponsors are from finland so they'd prob have hold on to him one way or the other for finland it would make commercial sence

Advertisement