Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning permission

• 28-06-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭

hello all,have been offered a site by a family member and am wondering how do i start the ball rolling with getting the site into my name and applying for planning permission. Any advice would be gladly recieved, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭its baltic

MRJ wrote: »
    hello all,have been offered a site by a family member and am wondering how do i start the ball rolling with getting the site into my name and applying for planning permission. Any advice would be gladly recieved, thanks.

Just after doing something similar myself but just applied for outline permission, first thing to do is get on to your local councillor, dont worry bout getting the land signed over yet, all you need for planning is a letter of consent from owner.

arrange to meet councillor at site and get his/her opinion, then get them to organise or attend a pre consultation with your planner, this will be good and a good chance to get to know the planners opinion of what they would allow to be put on site and save you time and money down the road.

while organising these things, know what type of water connection you will have as if your getting connected to a local scheme you will have to pay for the connection and get a letter from secretary of scheme.

get letter from local parish council stating your local resident all your life if this applies to you

Speak to a few architects/agents about drawing up plans, now get two or three to look at your site/options and get a price

you will have to organise a site characterisation report to be done for your site, again get a few prices, these have come down alot in the last 12 months.

i cant really say what you will pay out before you get planning but get lots of prices on each part and dont be afraid of researching each bit and ask questions to each individual you deal with no matter how daft you think the question is just ask it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

its baltic wrote: »
    dont worry bout getting the land signed over yet, all you need for planning is a letter of consent from owner.
    Good advice on this point. Definitely dont get it changed over till after you get planning.

Advertisement