Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticknock / Kilmashogue trails

Options
  • 28-06-2009 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Are any of you familiar with Ticknock or Kilmashogue?

http://www.coillte.ie/recreation/recreation_sites/dublin/ticknock/
    I'd love to see the view of Dublin from the top of Three Rock

Have to admit *blush*, I am not a great fan of walking for the sake of it, so if it overly strenous or for hardcore hikers, then I probably wouldn't be able to do it. How long would it take and is it managable for a non-hiker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Tis a great view. You can drive up to the car park in Ticknock and then walk up a tarmac road for about 20/25 minutes to the top. Once you get up there, there are loads of other trails that you can have a go of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

that sounds very doable :-) I had a look at the Coillte and DMP sites and it is only 450m to the summit - yay! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

don't go the tarmac road to top there are loads of well worn trails that have better views and are a bit more interesting on the way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Personally I prefer the view of Dublin from the hellfire club. But there is better parking at the three rock and more choice of trials so it has the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

If you were feeling energetic, it's not a particularly challenging walk to go from Kilmashogue to 3 Rock. I grew up in Rathfarnham and as a kid we would often walk up to Kilmashogue and across to Three Rock then back down and home.

Always slept very well after it too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Last time i was up there I took the bike out the road by taylors there near marley park. Damn near killed me :o . Ended up ditching the bike half way in the woods and walking the rest of the way.

Its only 450m but a tough push on a bike if ur as unfit as i am :D

Was well worth it though , for the view i had at the top eating my sandwichs and the free wheeling back down was fun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Well I've been hitting the gym recently though there's still a bit to go :) But it is good to have something to aim for :D

I've been living in Rathfarnham for a year now and I am so embarrased that I haven't been making the most of it!

Advertisement