Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway bar and restaurant pls

Options
  • 28-06-2009 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

We are heading to Galway for the weekend next weekend and are looking for suggestions for a nice restaurant for Saturday night, a good bar to watch the Lions match Saturday afternoon and a good late bar for sat night please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Restaurant: da raberta's in salthill / vina mara in town

Match: massimos / kings head / the skeff

Saturday night: busker browns / roisin dubh / front door ... depends what your into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

This has already been done to death... to search previous threads, include site:boards.ie "Galway City" in your Google search.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Yeah, it has been done all before. Only advice is that you stay away from the Front Door where quality of food is diabolical. If you want city centre then vina mara or la trattoria on quay street are both good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BreeVdK

My apologies Gary82!

Is there any half decent website where you can find out event listings for the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

http://www.galwaytonight.com

Think http://www.entertainment.ie/ might have some stuff aswell.

Best bet is to get a free copy of the Galway Advertiser and check the entertainment pages in that.

Just thought you can view the advertiser online aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.roisindubh.net
    www.thekingshead.ie
    www.thelivingroom.ie Closed for refurb
    More pubs www.galwaycitypubguide.com/all-pubs/

Have a look through the "Activities and Resources in Galway" sticky in this forum

dec25532 wrote: »
    Yeah, it has been done all before. Only advice is that you stay away from the Front Door where quality of food is diabolical. If you want city centre then vina mara or la trattoria on quay street are both good.

I have eaten in there a few times and never had any issues with the food, maybe a bit expensive for pub grub but the food itself was fine.

I have eaten in there a few times and never had any issues with the food, maybe a bit expensive for pub grub but the food itself was fine.
    I agree, have lunch there once or twice a month and never had cause to complain, other than once when the tuna melt had cold tuna in it which was fixed immediately and quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Magnus wrote: »
    I agree, have lunch there once or twice a month and never had cause to complain, other than once when the tuna melt had cold tuna in it which was fixed immediately and quickly.

Maybe I am just unlucky. But the last two times I have eaten there in the past month have been awful with food cold, tasteless and generally seemed to be thrown out in a rush. And it is very expensive for what you get. Perhaps I just hit it on two bad days.

If you get bad food there, or anywhere, complain.

I do and it pretty much always pays off, paying less or meals stricken off the bill entirely. I find that restaurants quite accommodating if you approach them mannerly and explain why you're not happy.

OT, OP you may want to check the greyhounds racecourse restaurant out on College Rd, suppose to be very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Magnus wrote: »
    OT, OP you may want to check the greyhounds racecourse restaurant out on College Rd, suppose to be very good.

Totally 2nd that. Had a meal in there and it was one of the nicest I've had in Galway plus the craic there is with the racing is a big plus.

Advertisement