Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A place to live in melbourne.

Options
  • 28-06-2009 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hey guys im moving to melbourne in october for a year.
    I am looking to rent an appartment in a safe area, close to the city, transport and shops etc.

If anyone can give me some info that would be great.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭devondudley

port melboune and docklands prob have the nicest apartments but if your going for the year your best bet is prob st kilda loads of flats and plenty of fellow irish and english doing the same as you. jackson apartments do short term rentals to get you started

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭xseanx

Thanks for the reply.
    is there anyway i can set up an appartment before i go over?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭devondudley

well you prob could rent out an apartment but it depends on is it just you or who else with you and you prob are gonna wanna view the apartment first, your best bet is do the hostel thing for first few days and your sorted then you will be able to view the area's and see were you wanna live dont just pick a place online

Yeah i suppose you are right.
    So you think st kilda would be best?
    what about brunswick, i heard that was a good area.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

I'm in St. Kilda, close to beach, public transport is A1, safe area, parking is readily available! Most places on the east close to CBD are new urban renewal areas, and are really quite nice etc..

• Advertisement

DamoDLK wrote: »
    I'm in St. Kilda, close to beach, public transport is A1, safe area, parking is readily available! Most places on the east close to CBD are new urban renewal areas, and are really quite nice etc..

Sweet whats the average rent for a one bedroom appartment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

A kidney

Zambia232 wrote: »
    A kidney

Aye, and maybe a bit of your liver, I'm sharing with one other chap, in a pretty ordinary bland ground floor flat, $600 P.c.m. - Although thinking of moving over to Sydney at the end of the month..

Hows work over there?

xseanx wrote: »
    Hows work over there?

In hiding at the moment. When u arrive be prepared to be waiting for maybe a month or two before you get anything..

• Advertisement

Are you working yourself?
    I dont have a trade or anything, im just planning on getting a job in a shop or an office or somthing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭aiecquest

This website is quite comprehensive, for Melbourne/Victoria http://www.victoriastartpage.com

More info than on official tourism page http://www.visitvictoria.com

Cool thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

You might take a look HERE for a few handy links for accommodation.

Advertisement