Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Dinner/Lunch in Leixlip/Maynooth

Options
  • 28-06-2009 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Two sets of parents will be visiting in a few weeks, and we want to bring them out for Sunday Lunch/Dinner in the Leixlip/Maynooth area. Nothing too fancy, but a bit better than Carvery.....
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

CarPark wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Two sets of parents will be visiting in a few weeks, and we want to bring them out for Sunday Lunch/Dinner in the Leixlip/Maynooth area. Nothing too fancy, but a bit better than Carvery.....
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks a lot

In Leixlip Avitos is a pretty good italian (it'd be a good option for what your looking for). Theres are few good resturants in Maynooth but may be a little fancier than your looking for. Caulfields pub in Maynooth serve food and it's better than a carvery (pretty decent) if your looking for something simple and cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Kilcock Golf Club does a lovely lunch. It's not fancy but they're friendly and the food is good - pretty cheap too. Mother's Day was the last time I was there and iirc the 3 course meal + tea/coffee was €22 each and that included a choice of starters, steak in the main courses and lovely desserts (that may not be exact but it was around that price. I do recall that the whole meal was cheaper than just a steak in O'Neills in Maynooth).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

Try here http://www.beckettshotel.ie/restaurant.html not a bad spot but i would say you will need to book for a Sunday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Friels (aka The Geraldine Inn) near Barbarstown Castle do a lovely Sunday lunch.. Seriously tasty grub.. It's on the road into Clane..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

In Leixlip, either The leixlip house hotel, The courtyard or The springfield hotel.

Not too sure about Maynooth, I had dinner near rebel pizza once, think it was called the Stoneceller? Pretty nice food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

In Leixlip it simply HAS to be the Liffey Valley House Hotel up the hill by the firestation .Believe me Ive tried them all, including the ones mentioned here .Great food ,probably cheaper than many vastly inferior places including 'pub lunches' and you can have a nice walk round the gardens after or there's a choice of two parks directly beside it if you really want to stretch yer legs.
    Be aware though that as far as I know you cant book and it fills quickly after 1230 start...
    Check if there's a wedding on as they can be shut to the public without notice

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Chuckels

ytareh wrote: »
    In Leixlip it simply HAS to be the Liffey Valley House Hotel up the hill by the firestation

I know this thread is relatively old now, but just to let you know the Liffey Valley House Hotel officially closed Sunday Carvery as of last Sunday. 12th July was the last one ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Varkov wrote: »
    Not too sure about Maynooth, I had dinner near rebel pizza once, think it was called the Stoneceller? Pretty nice food.

That's The Stonehaven. Less pricey but still decent bets would be Caulfields and O'Neill's. I'm not sure about Sunday lunch but I was happy with the food and prices the once I was in Mantra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Graca

hey just wondering does anyone know how I can start a thread? can't find the option anywhere! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Click on NEW THREAD on top left of main page .

• Advertisement
Advertisement