Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discussion Thread. Random Photo. !!! PLEASE READ !!! Rules in Opening Post.

• 28-06-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Arising from the ideas thread, if you want to discuss photographic techniques or invite a poster from the random thread into a discussion on their picture then this is the place to do it. It's open to everyone so please join in.

Thread rules [Please Read] NB - IMPORTANT STUFF NEXT

* Feel free to discuss a photographic technique as maybe posted on the latest random thread. for example - this type of post; "As posted in the random thread, AnCatDubh exhibits high contrast black and white images - this is great but I can never get mine beyond being grey. Any advice on how to do this?" Anyone can respond to this type of query.

* Do NOT Critique anyone's work without that user being aware of the possible discussion. for example the following type of post is not permitted; "As posted in the random thread, AnCatDubh exhibits high contrast black and white images - I think that kind of processing is awful and they should really drop it." (ok that's going the extreme route for illustration)

* If in doubt about your post in the context of the above two points then please ask a moderator.

* If you want to engage someone specifically, please PM them first seeking their permission, and if permission is granted or your invitation accepted, then engage on thread where everyone can join in the discussion. No one is obliged to accept such invitations - please respect this.

* General Charter Rules Apply. In particular please remind yourself of the general manners on thread.

* Quoting Images Not Allowed

* No arguments. Self explanatory really.

* If you have a disagreement with a photo or any post, use the report post feature - don't go abusing the poster.

If you find yourself on the wrong side of these rules, prepare yourself for your post to be deleted, infractions to be dished out, or if you've been feicing around repeatedly, prepare yourself for break from the forum.

Lets give it a go. If it doesn't catch on it can fade away.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60896497#post60896497

Ok,I'll be the first to ask a question,I got Alot of thanks on this post could people give me some info as to which they liked most..Cheers

I also chose to go with Thonda's idea,It's a better thing to do i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Ricky91t wrote: »
    ...which they liked most..
    The middle one - it is the "cleanest" - bike and background. The one above has the signpost and the blue bin (thingy), the third has somebody wearing red colours above red bike - a little distracting for my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Just a little housekeeping here - I've moved the ensuing discussion relevant to the thread rather than the specific post off onto the ideas thread. One change since last night is the alteration to the quoted images as reflected in the thread rules and any change resulting from the current chat on the ideas thread will be incorporated when an outcome is arrived at.

Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

How about everybody who thanks the OP of this thread is ok with questions about their photos? Having to PM somebody all the time could be a lenghty process.. just an idea to speed it up.

Advertisement