Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Metal Songs Acoustic Style

• 28-06-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Have been looking throught a lot of youtube recently and coming across covers and accoustic versions of songs by various artists over the years and I have to say metal songs when done right in an acoustic set "unplugged" are fantastic, just wanting to know what other opinions are

Alice in Chains - Nushell
    Megadeth - A tout le Monde
    G n R - Patience

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Do you mean acoustic versions of metal tunes? Those songs you listed are more like ballads, with acoustic or clean parts in the original recordings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I saw a clip of Testament playing Over the Wall I think it was, sounded pretty sweet, not sure if there is a full track release or anything. I managed to grab a couple of acoustic tracks by a mix of Metallica and other bands, The Four Horsemen sounds pretty cool with a country/blues feeling to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

Annihilator - Crystal Ann
    Anterior - Stirs of Echoes
    Death - Voice of soul
    In flames - acoustic medley, Pallers Anders visa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Have been looking throught a lot of youtube recently and coming across covers and accoustic versions of songs by various artists over the years and I have to say metal songs when done right in an acoustic set "unplugged" are fantastic, just wanting to know what other opinions are
    I agree, when they are done right, they can be very effective and give a whole new angle to a song.

Here are a couple that I really like:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Deffinatly Safe Home by Anthrax, the acoustic version is deadly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Wouldnt be mad on the BFMV acoustic one one but they were absolutely brilliant when they played the Ambassador.

One of the best live metal gigs ive seen in a good while.

Unfortunately I felt like a grandad at the gig and im 26 cause of all the drunken 16 year olds...yuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

A fully acoustic version of "Revelations" by Iron Maiden would be class. Might try that actually *picks up guitar*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Great cover from a great movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭faddius

Worth checking out a Swedish band called Hellsongs. They do covers (like nothing you've probably ever heard before. They've called their style Lounge Metal.:p

Their best covers include: Seek and Destroy (Metallica), Breakin the Law (Judas Priest) and Run to the Hills (Iron Maiden)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

faddius wrote: »
    Worth checking out a Swedish band called Hellsongs. They do covers (like nothing you've probably ever heard before. They've called their style Lounge Metal.:p

Their best covers include: Seek and Destroy (Metallica), Breakin the Law (Judas Priest) and Run to the Hills (Iron Maiden)

I saw a band called Apocalyptica at a festival in Belgium a few years back - they did lots of this sorta stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Alice in Chains - Unplugged, not one bad song, a bit saddning to see how deteriated Layne Was! Either coming down or Just shot up! The Last Show!! Killer is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Nettie

I'm not a big metal fan but I have to say the BFMV versions are amazing! They do some acoustic versions of some other of their songs. Look them up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Great version here imo (ignore the annoying woman at the start lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,834 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

i found Rodrigo y Gabriela's version of "one" by metallica pretty dang good.

video here

Advertisement