Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod touch wont turn off

• 28-06-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭

Ahoi,

My first gen 32gb ipod touch wont turn off. When I hold the top button nothing happens. Ive tried a hard reset and that also failed (i.e it just stays on and doesnt restart). It was jailbroken in the past but isnt currently.

Any ideas ?

Im traveling at the moment and it wouldnt charge either on the last two computers I tried. Although they were both very old so that may be the reason for that. Itunes is too big to download on a hostel computer so I may have to go to an internet cafe to test the charging out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cranmore

this prob wont help, but this used to happen on older ipods that i've had, run the batt fully flat and leave it on charge until it starts charging, and remember that it could do nothing for a while, any thing up to an hour and a half or so, so be patient, dunno if this will work with your ipod, but no harm in trying i suppose.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

There's no solution I could recommend that wouldn't require you downloading itunes....I don't suppose there's an apple store near you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mactard wrote: »
    There's no solution I could recommend that wouldn't require you downloading itunes....I don't suppose there's an apple store near you?

No...I´m in Argentina and soon will be in Bolivia. I could download itunes in a net cafe easily enough though. Any ideas ? Once it doesnt involve restoring the ipod. I cant lose all my music mid travel!

Cheers.

Advertisement