Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfering gamesaves from old hardrive to new hardrive?

• 28-06-2009 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

As per title, I am wondering if it is possible to transfer the gamesaves I have on my current hardrive to a new hardrive?

Ive had this xbox360 for over 3 years now and it finally gave up on me last month (stopped recognising games). I am considering buying a new 60gb xbox. Apart from getting to play the games again, I like the idea of saving some of them onto the hardrive and playing them from there.

Problem is, I have like 55% of GTA completed etc and I obviously would like to get that gamesave from my current 20gb hardrive to the new 60gb hardrive?

Is this possible without having to buy some software, transfer cables?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

When I traded in my old 20gb for a 60gb gamestop did a data transfer to my new HD, all my old stuff from the 20gb was brought over.

If your buying the new 60gb from them bring in your old 20gb and ask them if they'll do it. You can always pick up and offical memory card though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

If you don't get a transfer cable with it, I think there's a way to request one on xbox.com.

Or if all else fails I could give you mine from when I got my 120gig drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

The quickest way to do it is to use a memory card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

TheChrisD wrote: »
    If you don't get a transfer cable with it, I think there's a way to request one on xbox.com.

Very generous offer... Ill let you know how I get on. Thx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

TheChrisD wrote: »

As far as i know these are single use so you cant lend it to anyone.

Pick up a memory card, save games are tiny in file size its only DLC that takes up space and you can download all that again because its linked to your profile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

Axwell wrote: »

Pick up a memory card, save games are tiny in file size its only DLC that takes up space and you can download all that again because its linked to your profile.
    thx... probly best to just pick up the cheapest memory unit available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Axwell wrote: »

They're not. And either way I never used it, since I started with a Core model. My 120GB drive was my first :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

phone microsoft and request one.

presuming you are in Ireland its 1800509186

they will send one out to you for free. they will ask for the code on the back of your old xbox and new xbox but jus explain to them that you just bought a new hard drive.

they say they will have it out to you in 10-15 working days but i got mine in 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

For transferring files from my old 20gb to new 60gb hard drive...

I bought one of these for about €13. Transferred the saved games between hard drives using the memory card, and just downloaded the larger files again. I was under the impression the transfer cables only worked from 20gb - 120gb, and not with the 60gb drive. I guess that's not the case though.

When I was finished I traded the memory card in at gamestop for €11 credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

Just ask Microsoft for a transfer cable and if you're lucky like me the first time you ask you'll get a new joypad:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement