Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Technology Courses?

Options
  • 28-06-2009 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

hi, i'm looking to see if anyone knows if there are music technology courses on around Cork specifically in a package called REASON but i'm interested in any music package that will aid in blocking the dreary day job from my mind! I'd also be interested if any college that might not be based in Cork but has distance courses or something like that, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

There is one on in limerick which is one night a week to suit your schedule. Its done by www.vivamusicstudios.com if you can travel one night a week that is..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BJOD

cheers for that, i wouldnt mind travelling, its a temp website but will keep an eye, I have Reason on the latop and i hate books etc, if someone can show me hands on, i mush prefer it, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Do you really need that though? I mean if you use the help and figure the rest out yourself, wouldn't that be a much more rewarding and useful experience?

I promise you if someone teaches you the basics and you look back in 6 months time, you'll think, fu*k what a waste of money, that wasn't worth x amount of euro. The basics are easy, its coming up with something original that is difficult. Just try and learn it yourself, put in the hard work rather than take the easy route of someone telling you what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

There's always youtube as well - lots and lots of snippets of tutorials on there.

As Anima has pointed, the use of the help when you hit a brickwall is a 'win-win' situation - you will learn more and be more creative.

Eventually you wake up in the morning with a head full of ideas and the knowledge of how to get them out into your music :)

ah well, i dont think having someone show you a few things that you might have missed is taking the easy route, i mean, if a person has loads of experience and you can take a few handy tips away, why spend ages going through it? I have mucked around with it for months though already so its a bit of both experience and looking for the new tips to drive it on, I prefer the hands on to the tutorials on the net, i cant find any beginners ones in some sort of straightforward index yet, , i had a few tracks and all sorted but my laptop went haywire so i am frantically searching for the disk with the back ups! thanks for the advice though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

BJOD wrote: »
    ah well, i dont think having someone show you a few things that you might have missed is taking the easy route, i mean, if a person has loads of experience and you can take a few handy tips away, why spend ages going through it? I have mucked around with it for months though already so its a bit of both experience and looking for the new tips to drive it on, I prefer the hands on to the tutorials on the net, i cant find any beginners ones in some sort of straightforward index yet, , i had a few tracks and all sorted but my laptop went haywire so i am frantically searching for the disk with the back ups! thanks for the advice though

True, Always feel free to post problems in this forum with issues (but please read the manual at least!), There are many Reason users here if you are looking for creative messing with it to take it further.

nice one Neurojazz, thanks, i like Reason so will be back with questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 termur

I am in a similar position to you. I bought Logic 8 and Omnisphere and I love both of them, I also have a large sample library and if you are in cork and interested in putting some ideas together then that would be great. I am about 15 miles from the city though. What kind of music are you into and do you play the keyboard???.

Hi Termur
    apologies for not getting back to you sooner, i was on hols. My hard drive with the few small files i was messing around with using REASON, also went mental so I lost the few things i had! Do i play the keyboard? yes i do, i'm no Mozart but i just did a grade 3 exam after years of wanting to do the piano, i went back to do it. I also played in the school of music since i was a kid, played a bit of trad after that and i played drums in a band as well so i do pick up stuff by ear and can pick it out on various instruments.

Never used Logic, any ideas whats the best place on the net to have a look at what thats like?

Advertisement