Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Phone as Modem

• 29-06-2009 3:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭

I had an internet dongle from O2 although it broke last 2 weeks ago. I sent it back to carphone warehouse to be fixed, they couldn't fix it so it is now in the hands of O2. I am currently using my N95 as the modem. The problem is when watching Youtube clips, downloading files from e-mails the phone breaks connection and it also goes from 3G to a slower connection. Is there any way to resolve the issues with the N95?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are you connecting via usb or bluetooth between your pc and phone?

What happens when it breaks connection? What shows on phone? What shows on pc?

Are you doing it via nokia pc suite?

Do you have good coverage in your area?

Change the settings in your phone to 3g only and it shouldn't go to the slower connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

I am using the usb connection between phone and laptop using nokia pc suite. I'm in Limerick city centre so coverage is quite good.

When the connection breaks there was no notification on the phone. On the laptop no warning boxes come up all that happens is the web page loading just stalls, then on the bottom right the network connection has an X going through it.

How do you change the setting to only 3G only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The 3G only setting would be in your phone settings under network.

Ok I'll check that now. Do you have any idea as to why it could be breaking connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

My experience shows that Nokias like to switch from 3G back to 2G if they decide the 3G signal is not good enough (i.e. lower than the 2G signal). Only thing you can do is to force it to 3G (UMTS).

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, it seems to have sorted it

Advertisement