Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro Wrestling forum competition and meetup - read this thread

• 29-06-2009 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Ok, a conversation between myself and BH has led to me forming an idea, as detailed in the next few posts in this thread (moved fro The Bash spoiler thread). The competition is going ahead either way, cos I think the oppertunities for it are endless. Think of it as the caption game on crack, but play within the rules of the forum, and we should all be in for a good laugh and on lucky winner will get an awesome prize (I've already decided what it is btw, and it is pure WIN, believe me).

So, ideas regarding a meet-up and all that? Who would be up for it, who would be willing to attend, etc? I' thinking November 4th as it's the date of a WWE show in the O2 in Dublin so I imagine a few folks from outside Dublin would be travelling to the big schmoke for that. Thoughts?

What wrestling event do you think would suit better for a PW forum meet-up? 3 votes

WWE - November 4th, O2 Arena
    0% 0 votes
    TNA - October 3rd, O2 Arena
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

after talking to bard i wish they put up a big Batman classic (adam west batman) Kabooom when HHH hit Orton with the sledgehammer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

after talking to bard i wish they put up a big Batman classic (adam west batman) Kabooom when HHH hit Orton with the sledgehammer

This must be done next time. Bonus points will be awarded for more creative ones such as "WOP!" and "RIGHT IN THE KISSER!". Visual aids result in an immediate X2 points bonus. This game is open to all, I will keep a running scoreboard until the end of the year and the overall winner will recieve a prize. Points are awarded solely at my discretion.

Yes, I am completely serious. We're running with this one just for the laugh, and I give my word the prize will be AWESOME.

orestes wrote: »
    This must be done next time. Bonus points will be awarded for more creative ones such as "WOP!" and "RIGHT IN THE KISSER!". Visual aids result in an immediate X2 points bonus. This game is open to all, I will keep a running scoreboard until the end of the year and the overall winner will recieve a prize. Points are awarded solely at my discretion.

Yes, I am completely serious. We're running with this one just for the laugh, and I give my word the prize will be AWESOME.

To add to this, the leaderboard will remain private until the announcement of the winner, preferably at a PW board meetup on the day of a show or something so we can have a big day out and an awards ceremony kinda thing and all *hic* together in person.

What say ye boys and girls?

To add to this, the leaderboard will remain private until the announcement of the winner, preferably at a PW board meetup on the day of a show or something so we can have a big day out and an awards ceremony kinda thing and all *hic* together in person.

What say ye boys and girls?

I agree 100% but will the waterford biatches turn up?

Now now, play nice with the other boys and girls or you shan't be allowed to play at all.

Who shows is up to them.

There is a WWE gig in the O2 on November 4th, might be an idea to gear towards that I think, since the out of towners might be travelling up for the gig.

• Advertisement

tbh id agree with agree you but i think if a PW forum meet up is ever going to work we should organise it in such a way as such a way as people will FN turn up, i.e merge it with a normal meetup like a boards beers

tbh id agree with agree you but i think if a PW forum meet up is ever going to work we should organise it in such a way as such a way as people will FN turn up, i.e merge it with a normal meetup like a boards beers

Alas, the boards beers are no more, there will not be another site-wide beers I'm afraid, admin decree. The site has reached a size and format where a site-wide meeting is no longer a realistic venture unfortunately, and it is up to the individual communities to organise their own beerings/meet-ups. Some forums/communities have joined together in terms of organising a joint venture night out (I know the Noc forum and the tattoos & piercing forum did while I was a noc mod), but overall site events are a non-runner for logitical reasons at the minute.

/aside: I'm splitting this conversation into a new thread so the forum can discuss ideas for an event without derailing this thread, gimme a second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'd be up for it if I could get to the event, is it sold out or anythin?

amacachi wrote: »
    I'd be up for it if I could get to the event, is it sold out or anythin?

Don't think so, ticketmaster.ie still has tickets going in seating areas quite near the ring (section A row 31 for a group of 9 when I started tinkering a second ago anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So, wait.. Whats the actual game?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I prefer Gimmicks term "The Waterford Mafia" :pac: I cant say for sure, but if I do end up going to one of the shows in November I'd pop in.

Whats this game about?

pingu_girl wrote: »
    I prefer Gimmicks term "The Waterford Mafia" :pac: I cant say for sure, but if I do end up going to one of the shows in November I'd pop in.

Whats this game about?

didnt mean you pingu (not that anything i said in that thread last night was all that well thought out), i only ever call fella's biatches, gotta respect the lady folk :cool:

but yeah i guess coinsiding it with a WWE event makes the most sense although if it doesent come to pass id still suggest PW just piggybacks on another forums beers cos a PW meetup has been tried and failed before as far as i know.

Pity as you say the main boards beers have been cancelled but i can understand it. Even if there was a more specific reason why it was, put simply boards is so big that there is no way you could know how many people would show up nor could you vouch for their behaviour, who would be responsible if a big load a mooks (i love that word) showed up at a Boards beers and wrecked the place it was in for example.

this game does sound interesting though Orestes... caption game on crack... awesome prize... youve got us hooked, now let us know what your on about man :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is anyone going to the TNA show in October? id say a good few would be travelling for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

pingu_girl wrote: »
    I prefer Gimmicks term "The Waterford Mafia" :pac:

Or the Blahrmy if you will :)

The game will essentially be a bit like the caption game I'm thinking, using screenshots from events or just general wrestling stuff to post anything whacky, amusing, insane or funny. The format won't be the same as the caption game though, it won't be everyone using the same pic to post a caption and the best being chosen and then another pic being chosen by the winner. It's up to you to go get the pics and do what you like with them before posting them in thread with captions, speech bubbles, photoshopped in a chuckleworthy way, whatever. All this stuff can be kept in a single thread for easier access to the funnies and to keep it all in one place. Random jokes and whatever are acceptable too, but it's gotta be wrestling related and common sense and judgement will be expected regarding taste and offensive stuff in the likes. If you're not sure something is on the right side of the line, you can PM it to me for approval.

Scoring will be based solely at my discretion, which is handy cos it eases that matter of people running a game modding it themselves and PMing mods to get techy work done, unless I decide to PM myself just for the hell of it to keep things cosher :pac:

I was considering about the idea of being able to score points in other threads for showing exceptional wit and chuckles, but I think that could lead to a sense of people trying to be funny and plenty of facepalm-inducing bad jokes so I think the idea of keeping it in just the one thread is better for the competition and the forum in general.

I have awesome ideas for prizes already, but if anyone wants to PM me suggestions/offers feel free :)

So, what do you all reckon?
    gimmick wrote: »
    Is anyone going to the TNA show in October? id say a good few would be travelling for that?

Might be an option, I'll whack a poll together and see which show people want to go for I think
    gimmick wrote: »
    Or the Blahrmy

See, that's the facepalm-inducing kind of punnery I had in mind earlier :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sounds good orestes. I imagine it would be one of the first threads people check out when they log in.

Even without the competition element it would be a fun thread.

okay now it makes sense why you included my post about the Adam West batman style kaboom bubble beside HHH as he hits someone with a Sledgehammer.

Sounds like a class idea for a game alright or just a normal thread

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Even without the competition element it would be a fun thread.
    Sounds like a class idea for a game alright or just a normal thread

Sweet, so I can drop the bit about me getting prizes and keep the cash then? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

God, I read this thread in work this morning an it only makes sense now that BH and Orestes are sober.:pac:

If there were a few pints going on in Dublin I'm sure I'd be able to drag my a*se out for a few alright.

I vote that the Blah-rmy be extended into the Munster Mafia with the induction of Dons Gimmick and Gerard C to the inner circle.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    God, I read this thread in work this morning an it only makes sense now that BH and Orestes are sober.:pac:

How sober we are effects how you read? Weird :p

Sounds good man, I hope you can make it :)
    I vote that the Blah-rmy be extended into the Munster Mafia with the induction of Dons Gimmick and Gerard C to the inner circle.:pac:

/starts plans for forming rival Leinster stable

• Advertisement

If there were a few pints going on in Dublin I'm sure I'd be able to drag my a*se out for a few alright.

jaysus i was postin some awful rubbish by the end last night full bottle of Metaxa (sp?) brandy and half a bottle of Jameson between me and Bard :D

Munster Mafia eh... id be like your Leonardo Di Caprio in the departed, live in Dublin even have the damn accent but little do they know im a Munster man (cept when the rugbys on then they all know)

/starts plans to infiltrate Orestes's Leinster stable

jaysus i was postin some awful rubbish by the end last night full bottle of Metaxa (sp?) brandy and half a bottle of Jameson between me and Bard :D

Munster Mafia eh... id be like your Leonardo Di Caprio in the departed, live in Dublin even have the damn accent but little do they know im a Munster man (cept when the rugbys on then they all know)

The Munster Mafia has infiltrated all parts of Irish Society, even the places you'd never think of looking.:pac:

Like the NWO, we're taking over the joint.:D

Well, we're gonna try but orestes is gonna crush us easily, but at least we can go down swinging

How sober we are effects how you read? Weird :p

Sounds good man, I hope you can make it :)

Well it sure as hell makes ye easier to understand!:pac:
    Pfft, imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

I presume you'll be yer man in the Waterford jersey? :pac:

flahavaj's big durty wadderfard accent could never be questioned lol
    The Munster Mafia has infiltrated all parts of Irish Society, even the places you'd never think of looking.:pac:

*runs to print up a half dozen tshirts*

Instead of hey ho its gotta be "AIGHT BAH!!!!"

BRING IT!

Munster Mafia vs Leinster stable drinking games?? could be fun :)

Well, we're gonna try but orestes is gonna crush us easily, but at least we can go down swinging

This man speaks the truth ;)

I presume you'll be yer man in the Waterford jersey? :pac:

By the bar bai.:pac:
    flahavaj's big durty wadderfard accent could never be questioned lol
    Tew right girl, shur waddn't I bread and buttered down there, up tew me ocksters in layrge bockles and gallybanders. I'm only actin the gowlbag up here till I goes dewn home to Limore Park, where the cider is chaype and the luncheon mate pinker than a shellekybooky's bellend.

*runs to print up a half dozen tshirts*

Instead of hey ho its gotta be "AIGHT BAH!!!!"

And a picture of the Kilrossanty Famine boat leavin the harbour, plastered across the back.
    BRING IT!

Munster Mafia vs Leinster stable drinking games?? could be fun :)
    We'd ate those jackeen soft chaps for breakfast girl.:pac:

I read this thread this morning it made no sense.

I read it this evening and it started to make sense.

Now it makes no sense again.

:confused:

By the bar bai.:pac:

Tew right girl, shur waddn't I bread and buttered down there, up tew me ocksters in layrge bockles and gallybanders. I'm only actin the gowlbag up here till I goes dewn home to Limore Park, where the cider is chaype and the luncheon mate pinker than a shellekybooky's bellend.

We'd ate those jackeen soft chaps for breakfast girl.:pac:

Speak English ya crazy culchie :p

this thread is awesome :)

• Advertisement

Sorry about that DM-ICE, my bad.

Ok, back to proper English people and back to the topic at hand, or take it to OTB.

Welcome to the language of the Mafia. Otherwise known as the language of the ancients: DAYSHA!

Any luck recruiting for that Leinster group yet? I reckon the Mafia are well able for a loada softie Dubs anyday of the week.:pac:

Edit: Just saw your post orestes, no problem.

Sorry about that DM-ICE, my bad.

Ok, back to proper English people and back to the topic at hand, or take it to OTB.

I didn't mean to look like i was complaining. I was enjoying the confusion.

On topic: I still think the new funnies thread/comp will be good fun.

Ill translate it for you Orestes....

Tew right girl, shur waddn't I bread and buttered down there, up tew me ocksters in layrge bockles and gallybanders. I'm only actin the gowlbag up here till I goes dewn home to Limore Park, where the cider is chaype and the luncheon mate pinker than a shellekybooky's bellend. =

Thats right miss pingu I was born and bread down in the fine city of waterford.

Where I took part in drinking large bottles of beer warm off the self of course the only way a waterford man drinks his bottles and playing many games with a catapult .

I'm only acting the fool up here in our nations capital until I come home to lismore park to the residants commitees who hate students for some cheap cider and the pinkest freshest luncheon meat pinker than a snails bell end.

I didn't mean to look like i was complaining. I was enjoying the confusion.

No worries, but I gotta be able to read stuff to be able to mod here and I don't speak culchie :p

Thanks for that Pingu!:D

Back on topic, sure whats to stop there being two meet ups. Have the October one as a warm up so to speak.

• Advertisement

Whens this competition starting up anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I doubt very much I'll be at either of those shows, but I might try and go up for this anyway. Be good craic and Tipp always looks ten times nicer after being up in the big schmoke! Would it be a case of getting destroyed after the show or what? I'm sure if it was I wouldn't be alone in starting earlier and staying going during the show too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Isnt Rob Van Dam coming to town soon? That could be a pre-warm up warm up.

Advertisement