Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS Aggregators

Options
  • 29-06-2009 6:39am

An aggregator is a mobile telecoms company that acts as an intermediary between companies (i.e. content and brand owners) that want to interact with end users (through their mobile phones) and the mobile operators. Mobile aggregators reconcile the payments for those messages, from the operators, on behalf of clients. Also known as a mobile transaction network.

I'm interested in finding out more about this. The side I am interested in is basically a premium text messaging service which companies use to inform customers of information. Dublin Bus (i think, it's been a while since I took a bus) have one for example where the customer texts a number and gets a time of their bus delivered to their phone.

I require information on a service where a person texts the number and receives automated information back to their phone.

Advertisement