Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with new game choice

• 29-06-2009 8:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

Hey, I moved country a bit ago and for space reasons couldn't bring the 360. I just received it through the post and to be honest find myself a bit overwhelmed with the scope of the games I missed in the past 8 months.

Going to pick up a few newish games this month, unfortunetly nearly every game when I live is 60 bob, regardless of how long its been out, so I think I'm limited to about three games this month.

So what I'm asking is if there are any absolute Gems released since Chrimbo that would be worth picking up?

Also I don't have Live at the minute and probably won't for the forseeable future so mainly games that would be more geared towards single player is a must I think.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

-Fallout 3
    -Bioshock
    -Rock Band

People will mention the likes of Call of Duty4/5 , Street Fighter 4, and Left4Dead. I would have too, only you mention you don't have Xbox Live, so these games have little to no replay value without it

The above 3 are excellent, will give you at least 200+ hours combined i should think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Ill go one extra Rock Band 2 :D

Prob the best game on xbox ( bar COD4) after that then Fallout 3 if you like RPG's you will get 40-70 hours gameplay with fallout if you like straight up FPS then COD 4 or 5. Bioshock is an older game but a genuine classic as is the orange box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

forget rock band unless you can get it really cheap, rock band 2 is a much more extensive game, only reason i say that is because if your playing single player then the tour mode on rock band 1 is short.

I'd say i have well over 100 hours on fallout 3 alone so a +1 for getting that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fallout 3
    Bioshock
    Dead Space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

GTA 4

+1 for fallout 3

and a Burnout Paradise mention if you dont have it. you should be able to get it cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

Halo Wars is brilliant, don't really need to have live to get a good run out of this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Thanks to another thread I picked up Orange box from smiths the other day for 20 squids, Brilliant brilliant game altogether

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Fallout 3 and Bioshock. Altho if you can hold out for the Game of the Year edition of Fallout 3 as it will include the downloadable content with it.

GTA4 is a good single player but i got bored of it very quickly and havent even got half way through it. then again I played the previous versions to death and despite the look and feel of it on a 360, its essentially the same game as its predecessors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Go to xtravision, think they're the best for second hand games(depending on the store of course).Have picked up a fair few games as good as new over the last few weeks ranging from a tenner to 35quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Cheers for all the suggestions lads, living in Malta at the minute so a trip the the local xtravision probably wouldn't be worth it to pick up a cheap game:)

Picking up Xbox games here is a bit of a bother, only 1 shop stocks them due to the Sony having a massive monopoly on the Island for some reason.

Picked up 2 games the other day, Resi 5 and Street Fighter 4, finding Resi fantastic but plowing through it, I've heard it has decent replay value so hopefully I'll get my moneys worth. SFIV is, like someone said, very limited without live, but I just couldn't resist being a fan of the Series.

Will probably pick up Fallout nearer the end of the month, funny thing is they have the basic edition for 65 Euro and the Limited Edition (with the lunchbox etc) for 50.

• Advertisement
Advertisement