Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helps...house party carpet stain!!

Options
  • 29-06-2009 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hope it is ok to put this here...if not could some mod pop it across to where ever it belongs please?

Ok so house-sitting/dog-sitting for my OHs relatives and we had a few mates over for a bbq on sat. (We only asked a few over who we know are good and respectful if at a house party) One of them got a bit tipsy (ahem) and spilt her drink in the sitting room. The problem is that it was vodka and lucozade so now we have a big bright orange stain on the pale green living room carpet. We have tried Vanish Carpet stuff but it didn't work.

Was just wondering if anyone here had any tips?? I feel like that guy in the old Golden Pages tv ad!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

You could rent out a carpet cleaner. I don't know any other methods to get rid of the stain though.

I've used a carpet cleaner before and it worked a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

giddybootz wrote: »
    Hi all, hope it is ok to put this here...if not could some mod pop it across to where ever it belongs please?
    !

Go on, admit it. You saw the word Ladies and....

BE038300.jpg

Try and get the cleaner as soon as possible, before the stain settles.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

stovelid wrote: »
    Go on, admit it. You saw the word Ladies and....

Ha ha :D Nah it was here or AH and I figured in AH it would just be loads of people taking the pee outta me!!

Stain happened late Saturday night so it is well settled unfortunatly :(

Gonna try a carpet washer vac we have in work...fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Advertisement