Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BiFold Doors

Options
  • 29-06-2009 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was looking to get some bi-fold doors, both b&q and homebase do them in a variaty of sytles etc, but they seem to be all 30inches wide. Does anywhere know of anyplace that does larger sizes?

Has anyone manage to cut down a wider door (obviously the door style would have to accomadate this) to make a bifold door?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

They come in all sizes and are measured in millimeters its important to take a measurment at the top middle and bottom of the opening then you have your range. Decide on a budjet and I will give you an idea of where to buy the best door for youe price... If you interested of course

Just ask if you need more help this use to be my business - Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

They come in all sizes and are measured in millimeters its important to take a measurment at the top middle and bottom of the opening then you have your range. Decide on a budjet and I will give you an idea of where to buy the best door for youe price... If you interested of course

Just ask if you need more help this use to be my business - Thanks

Hi Joey,

Thanks for the reply... My budget is flexable, i'll be doing all the work myself so i'm mainly just looking to source the doors.

The main problem is that my current opening isn't a standard size, now i'm going to pull out the frame thats in there, so will have a small bit of flexability on the size of the opening.

B&Q and Homebase both do bi-fold doors by they all seem to come in 30inches. If i could get something like this in around 33inches i would be sorted. They are going to be painted white, so i'm not too concerned about type of wood.

Is there any where that just does "narrow" doors and i'll buy four and make up two bi-folds?

Yea i done a fair bit of googling.... They seem to mainly to external door systems, with some fairly high end internal doors too....

Advertisement